Chapter 19

"I used to have a sister. She was 2 years younger then me. We didn't have the best parents either. It was my job to protect her." I nod listening carefully. "Well I was just learning how to use the bow and arrow  along with shooting so I could defend us. I was around 24 when she died. This was before I met my wife. I was alone, all I had was her. She was taken from me, kidnapped, I didn't know it was HYDRA back then. I do know though. I saw them take her so I grabbed a bow and arrow, this was when I first joined S.H.E.I.L.D. I was a rookie." He looks down at the ground and plays with his hands.

"Well I was assigned to the mission to rescue her. I went to the place they were holding her and found her in a room with a HYDRA agent. I shot an arrow at him and missed, then he came after me, she was taken by another one. I followed and shot the guy, well tried I got his arm. And then the boss took her to the roof, he said if I could beat him then he'd let her go. So we fought, I lost. And he shot her with my very own bow and arrow right in front of me." Tears fall down his face as he tries and wipes them away but more follow after them.

"And uh, you remind me a lot about her," a tear falls down my face as I look at him, this is when he looks at me finally. "By the way you want to help everyone. The way that you had a worse background then Tony. She did to. Our father would, know uh..." "Abuse?" He nods, "And uh..." "Rape her." He nods, "You know your eyes remind me of her. They are green, like the forest." I smile and look down, "Then how can you stand for me to be around?" "Because it is comforting to know that maybe, just maybe, some of her may be in you. Yeah your different people but that's what I like to think."

I smile at him as a few more tears fall down my face. "Well don't worry Clint, I'm here. And I'm not going anywhere. Your stuck with me. And so is your sister." He looks me in the eyes before he breaks down crying. I position my body so he can lay his head on my chest. I wrap my arms around him as he sobs into me. "Its ok Clint." I run his back and lay my head on his. "Your alright." He wraps his arms around me and tightens his grip. "Is that why you never miss now?" He nods, "Because I think of her and how I let her down." "Hey don't think like that." He pulls away.

"Is it just my eyes that remind me of her?" He shakes his head, "No. This is gonna sound weird but your body shape along with how tall you are. The way you talk sometimes. I think that she is talking instead of you." I nod, "So your ok now?" He shakes his head, I wrap my arms around his shoulders and lay my head down on his shoulder. "I am sorry that your sister is gone, but I believe she is watching over you." He smiles at me softly. "So the others told me that you never let anyone use your bow." He nods, "I want you to be able to defend yourself with everything you possible can because if I loose you then I will loose my sister all over again."

I look down with a sad smile. "Don't worry Clint I can take care of myself." He looks at me, "I know but still." I smile. We get up and he hugs me tightly. Then we head inside. "Sorry I stole him for a while." I say to Laura, Cooper and Lila. "It's alright it looked important. Would you like some wine Talia?" "Yes please." I say, "Hun do you want a beer?" "Yeah I'll go get one." Clint said he leaves. Laura comes back a second later with red wine. "I've never had wine. Sorry I should have said something before you poured me a whole glass." "Its ok try it." Clint comes back with a beer taking a sip.

"Never had wine?" I shake my head, "Nasty stuff." I laugh bringing the glass to my lips and take a small sip. I cringe as I swallow it. "Yeah uh no thank you, but I'll drink it so it doesn't go to waste." "Oh hunny it won't go to waste." She grabs it and leaves, "Here." Clint said handing me his beer. I took a sip and swished it around my mouth finally swallowing it. "I feel bad now." "Don't it's ok." I jump and spin around to see Laura. "Here I got you a beer." ""Thank you Laura." I hand Clint's back to him and take the one she had. It was already opened.