Chapter 25

22 weeks pregnant now, it was time for yet another check up. But this time I am going to the hospital since Bruce is at base with Clint, Nat, and Thor. Me, Steve and Tony are going to the hospital for a check up. I get dressed in a purple shirt with some black leggings. I haven't felt the baby move yet which is kinda freaking me out a little. I researched it and read that women usually feel a little flutter between 18 weeks and 20 weeks.

I haven't felt her move in a while either. Me and Steve haven't told the team what her name is either. We did agree that her name will be Amelia-Rose. I put on some comfy sneakers and threw my hair up in a messy bun. I didn't bother with makeup either. When I was down I went down to the kitchen, getting myself a pop tart.

When I was done eating Steve and Tony were washing their dishes. I grabbed my purse and we all headed out of the tower and into an expensive car. Steve was sitting in the back while Tony drove. I got into the glove box and put on one of his spare sunglasses. It was 11 a.m. and the appointment was at noon. We got at the hospital at 11:45 so we all sat on the waiting room. I had to fill out some papers with Steve about everything about my pregnancy. I also listed my concerns, Steve agreeing with them all.

"Ya know people never learn to keep their eyes to themselves now do they?" I ask as people across the waiting room kept glancing at us, the nurses stopping in their tracks to stare. "Talia Stark." A doctor said coming out. Me, Steve and Tony got up and followed him, they took my weight which was 132.6 then lead me to a room. I sat on the hospital bed as Tony and Steve sat on the chairs. "So Talia can you tell me how many pounds you've gained since your pregnancy started?" "30 or so pounds Doctor." "Ok, you are how may weeks along?" He says typing on my computer, "22 weeks." "Is this your first time coming in to get your baby checked on?" "Yes but that's also because Bruce usually did the check ups but he wasn't at the tower today."

He nods, "You have concerns." I nod, "Yeah I haven't felt my baby girl move in over a day, and I am 22 weeks along and haven't felt her kick or anything." "Ok, sometimes in first time pregnancies stuff like movement or moving around comes a few weeks late." "Yes but I have felt her move before, it was once." He nods as he puts on some gloves. "I want to do a pelvic exam to make sure everything is alright first, do you mind?" He asks, "Uh not at all doctor." "Ok well I see you have 2 men here, the father of the child may want to stay, the other might want to wait outside." I look at Tony. "Don't worry Tony, Steve will get you once it is over."

He nods, "She is my sister you know who I am and my power, they said you were the best. So find out what is wrong with my niece." "Yes Mr. Stark." The doctor said, "Tony seriously." "Yes." He says and walks out. "Do you mind taking off your pants and underwear? You only need to pull them to your ankles." I nod as he puts a curtain in case anyone else comes in. "Sure." I look at Steve. He helps me up, Dr. Jones turns around, "Thanks." "Anytime." Doctor Jones said.

Once my underwear and pants are down I get back on the bed. Dr. Jones turns around and helps me put my feet on the things on the side of the bed. Then he puts a blue sheet thing over my knees. "YOU ready?" "Uh, sort of." I say awkwardly, "Don't worry Ms. Stark I've done this millions of times, you'll feel my fingers press against your pelvis, it will be a little pressure for a second or 2 ok?" I nod, "How many pelvic checks have you gotten since you started your cycle?" "Once almost a decade ago when I first got it." He nods, I feel pressure on the inside of me and in a second it was gone.

"Your good. You can put you pants on while I get the ultrasound set up." I nod and get off the bed, pulling my pants up. "You can go get Tony." I say to Steve, he nods and moves the curtains then they both stand on either side of the bed. "Ok Mr. Roger's I'd like you to move to the other side of Ms. Stark." Dr. Jones said, I pull my shirt up, "This will be cold." I nod as he puts the gel on my stomach. Then he moves the joy stick around on my stomach. "There she is, and here is her heartbeat." He says pressing a butting then turning it up.