A realization of reality

Giyuu Pov:

     I was still in denial that I'm in the past, nonetheless, I knew I had to figure out if this was real or not. As I was approaching headquarters, I heard some words that made my heart stop.

     "Ara Ara~ Tomioka-San, you seem to be in a hurry"

   That voice... it was her voice.... it was Kocho. Is this real... is it real? My body started to feel extremely uneasy to the point I felt like fainting. My body is still processing the hearing of that voice... the shock hit me at once.

"You know it's rude to ignore Tomioka-San, are you just going to keep that same expression on your face and stare at the ground?"

   My face didn't show any emotion, but my body felt the shock that hit me all at once, it was her... I wanted to look at the direction the voice came from but out of disbelief, I couldn't. My body wouldn't let me, it was still processing the fact that Kocho was alive.

"This is why no one likes you Tomioka-San, at least look up," she says with an annoyed tone

  I wanted to look up... but I couldn't... I didn't want to face her after what I have seen. But my body automatically starts slowly looking up, I tried fighting the urge not to look up but my body didn't listen.

"Ara Ara! You finally look up after your talk with the ground!"

It was her... that butterfly haori... those deep purple eyes and that aura... my eyes weren't being fooled... the insect hashira was in front of me

"Tomioka-San I get that you don't have friends, but you can't make friends with the ground"

That statement she stated brought a sense of Joy inside my body, I start to realize how much I truly missed her if my body was giving such a response. I would be annoyed with her comments, but hearing her say that was a reassurance that she was there in front of me. I regain my composure and calm all the emotions that are scattered in my body.

" I wasn't talking to the ground... Kocho," I say

"Ara? Is that so? Just tell me the truth Tomioka-San, no shame in talking to the ground."

"I wasn't talking... I was just thinking," I state

"What is this? you are being more talkative than before! "

   I slowly start to realize how annoying Kocho used to be... but I didn't mind that right now, I was just happy to be talking with her, but I never expressed these types of emotions for a long time, my face didn't show any sign of life or expression but inside... I was feeling Happy.

"What were you thinking about Tomioka-San?"

  When she asked me that, I realized that I had that meeting with the master. I needed to get back on track, but I didn't want to because seeing Kocho after 4 years brought some satisfaction that I liked and I didn't want to go. Hearing the announcement of her death 4 years ago... I felt like crying but I couldn't and now I have been given the chance to protect the people that were close to me and the chance to save lives I couldn't do before. I didn't want to leave Kocho alone right now because her death is still fresh on my mind and I didn't want her to die again, but I needed to find out what year I am in and the context to get an idea of what I should do with this second chance.

"you... Kocho" I reply

after my statement, I run off to headquarters to meet the master. I have come to the reality that this is truly a second chance and not a dream.

Shinobu POV:

    Me? Why would he think about me ... is that his way of talking back... no... Tomioka-San isn't like that. I felt my face form a tint of red after he said he was thinking about me. I shake off the feeling, but my mind is focused on what he said. He acted differently today, normally he responded in a singular word or 2, but he talked actually in sentences.