Unexpected turn

Giyuu POV:

             I was currently sitting in a bar with a couple of women next to me. These women a couple of moments ago invited me, and I figured it would be the best opportunity to ask questions about the recent missing people.

             "So~ Mister, where do you come from?" One of the women asked.

              "Not far from here..." I replied.

             "Not much of a talker, are you?" the other women commented.

              Kocho and Uzui-san are probably going to take a while to prepare their plans. They told me to meet them at the same spot we arrived once dawn falls. Judging by the brightness outside, it shouldn't be too long. I shouldn't waste any time and ask questions immediately.

              "May I ask a question?" I asked one of them.

               "Go ahead handsome~" She nodded.

                "What are recent rumors around the district?" I inquired.

                 I shouldn't be direct with asking them about the missing people in case they panic or get suspicious of me. After all, there are very few people that believe in demons.

                 "Rumors..." She muttered to herself.

                   "I did hear of a rumor that scares me...." One of them admitted.

                  "What is it?" I asked.

                  "I've been hearing from my friends that people are starting to go missing around the district." She revealed.

                So, the locals have heard of what's going on.

                 "Missing?" I questioned.

                  "Just disappearing, their presence nowhere to be found..." She spoke in fear.

                 They're just disappearing. Are there no traces of blood? Or evidence of the disappearance?

                 "Was there nothing at all?" I asked.

                 "No, the police here couldn't figure anything out." She spoke.

                 "Of course, it's just rumored, but if you a hear a rumor like this one, I can't help but feel scared..." She admitted.

                   "Yeah... I'm very cautious these days..." The other women muttered.

                   It seems these people were kidnapped rather than mauled on the spot. If it were any other demon, it would have attacked and killed them on the spot, but an upper moon is intelligent enough to hide itself. This all but confirms there is indeed an upper moon in the entertainment district. Where exactly is the question?

                 "Where did these people go missing?" I asked.

                  "Oh... I don't know, I just heard they go missing..." She answered.

                   "Well.. these rumors coming all across the district, so I don't know..." Her friend revealed.

                 I see, there is no specific location where people are targeted it. That makes this harder. If I can't find clues based on location, then there is only one other option.

                "Who were the people that disappeared?" I asked.

                "I don't know...." She muttered.