A selfish or wise choice ?

- two weeks later-

            "Wind breathing 1st form!"

             Sanemi charged at me with his destructive 1st form.

            "Water breathing 1st form.... water surface slash"

              Using the technique Sanemi taught me, I lunged forward with my chest and put all my power in my swing using my left hand. The two attacks collided causing a strong gust of wind to release from the impact. The leaves of trees near us blew furiously from the impact.

             "B*****d... I can see you got some of your power back..." Sanemi spoke, panting.

             My right leg has gotten a lot better. I can use my right leg now in battle, it still hurts a little, but it's at the end of its healing stage.  Over the past weeks, I've put all of my training and recovery into my right leg, so I get my mobility back. I hated slowing people down because I had to use a crutch or be in a wheelchair.

          "Draw?" I offered.

           "F*** No!"

            Sanemi charged at me again, challenging me to a close quarter combat with your swords. He swung towards my torso, I swiftly jumped back to avoid the attack. He used the momentum to lunge forward and go for another attack. This time I deflected the attack with my swing.

           He retracted his blade before vertically swinging down, aiming at the top of my head. I turn my blade to a horizontal angle and block the attack.

        "You're annoying as always..." Sanemi commented on my defense.

         "Wind breathing 6th form!" Sanemi yelled.

          "water breathing 3rd form... flowing dance..."

          I swiftly moved around Sanemi to his surprise. I couldn't use this move on our previous spar because of my leg, but now I can.

         "Tch!" Sanemi let out a grunt in irritation as he redirected his 6th form to the path of my dance.

         However, I moved too fast for the attack to hit me, as I lunged toward Sanemi. Sanemi quickly changed his stance to parry the attack. I swung toward his right leg, which he barely blocked. I quickly jabbed my sword at his torso a couple of times. He swiftly reacted and blocked most of the attacks, but one got through as it hit the center of his torso.

         "Ah!" He let out a grunt from the pain.

          Luckily, we remembered to use wooden swords this time, the last time we sparred we used real swords back then. Now that I think about it, that could have gone bad.

         Sanemi recovered from the pain as he charged at me angrier than ever during this spar. Looks like I missed his solar plexus, by a couple of centimeters, otherwise it would have taken longer for him to heal. The solar plexus is one of the most important thing demon slayers need to protect, if it gets hit with blunt force, breathing will be a trouble.

         "Wind breathing 7th form!" He yelled.

           The attack came towards me at a faster speed than before. Sanemi is fueled by his anger, the angrier he gets, the more powerful he becomes. However, when he gets angrier, he leaves more openings where I can target. He's opened his arms, so I can attack his inner torso more.

         "Water breathing 7th form... ripple thrust.."

         This form allows me to throw multiple thrusts with my sword. I thrust my sword at his 7th form as I parry the attack. The clash opened a weakness in Sanemi's position, as I redirect my 7th form towards his torso. Before he could react, my sword hit the center of my torso right at the solar plexus and he fell immediately from the pain.