A possible turning point

Oyakata-sama POV:

In the past few days, the number of demons has dropped significantly. I receive a particularly large amount of demon sightings each week, but in the past few days, that number was zero. For the first time in a long time, there was no demon report. This could be either a good thing or a bad thing.

It could be a good thing as this can be a sign that there is some internal conflict with the demons that's caused their numbers to drop, however, there is still a strong chance this is a bad thing. The bad side is it could be a signal Muzan is preparing to launch a large-scale attack. If that is the case, we must be ready to combat them effectively.

Regardless of the reason, I have called a meeting between the Hashira's to discuss new plans. We must collectively come up with a plan to attack this rare occurrence. They'll arrive tomorrow morning.

"CAW CAW!!" I suddenly heard my crow yell.

I gestured for it to land on my forearm as I held my arm out.

"MESSAGE FROM TOMIOKA GIYUU CAW CAW!!!" It announced.

A message from Tomioka? Perhaps he might know something about the decrease in demon reports.

"UPPERMOON THREE HAS BEEN DEFEATED!!!"

Narrator POV

Oyakata-sama was frozen in place. His body did not move almost as if he didn't hear the crow's announcement. His eyes slowly widened as he slowly started processing the news. The calm smile he wore grew as he was now fully grinning in shock.

"HE'S DONE IT!!!!" Oyakata-sama yelled out in excitement.

The usual composure of Oyakata-sama broke. His body immediately collapsed onto the floor from the rush of excitement. The noise alerted the attention of his children and they immediately rushed outside to his aid.

"Father! Are you alright?" One of his children asked in worry.

"Yes yes... I'm alright my child.." He assured her.

"Father you need to calm down..." his daughter advised after noticing his excited mood.

Despite his daughter's advice, he couldn't. The feeling of hope was overwhelming. A precedent was set in the past century of no one being able to kill an upper moon, however, that precedent was broken.

"He's defeated a uppermoon! I can't believe-" Oyakata-sama spoke delightedly however was cut off as he started coughing blood.

His daughter quickly held him up, supporting his fragile body. The two children looked at him in surprise as they had never seen their father behave like this before. They had known their entire lives for him to be a gentle and caring man, but at the moment his actions were almost childlike.

"A uppermoon... has been finally defeated after a hundred years..." He spoke as he started to calm down.

"This might be the hope the slayer corps needed..." He concluded as he finally calmed down.

Oyakata-sama POV:

My body is pain right now, but it doesn't even hurt. The news of an upper moon's defeat has made me feel like I was before my disease. Tomioka, he's given us hope that uppermoons are not invincible and they are being capable of defeated. He's broken the hundred-year precedent that was set.

As I start to calm down, I start to realize some aspects I overlooked due to my initial excitement. How is Tomioka doing? I know he is alive otherwise, I wouldn't have received the message from his crow, but he must have sustained some injuries fighting such a powerful enemy. I can only hope he didn't sustain a major injury to the point it would cause him to retire.