Secrets Kept

Narrator POV:

       "Tomi....oka... San...?" Uttered Shinobu who was in complete disbelief at the figure approaching Oyakata-Sama.

      Mitsuri, who was kneeling next to her, heard her mutters and immediately looked back up to see a man wearing a mismatched Haori approaching them. Mitsuri's eyes widened as she realized who it was.

      "Tomioka- San !!!" She squealed out loud in incredulity and shock.

      The Hashira, who heard Mitsuri's squeal, immediately stopped what they were doing and looked up only to be taken back by the long black-haired man on the patio.

"Tomioka- San !" Yelled Rengoku and Uzui in unison as the two of them stared at him in 

Sanemi and Obani, who were normally scornful towards Tomioka, were shaken by the sudden appearance of the water pillar. Neither one of them could say a word as they both believed he was dead during his mission.

"Who is that" questioned Muichiro as he tries to remember the person standing in front of them

"He's safely made it..." Gyomei stated in relief and prayed for his safe well-being.

"My children... Please welcome back Tomioka Giyuu...." Ubuyashiki said in a welcoming manner.

Giyuu then gets off the platform and walks over to his fellow Hashira before taking a kneel towards Ubuyashiki.

"Now... I'm sure some of you have any questions about Tomioka at this moment. Please feel free to ask them, but I will only answer accordingly to Tomioka's privacy...." Ubuyashiki continued

The Hashira's remained quiet, still in shock that their water pillar had returned.

Shinobu POV:

Tomioka- San... He's returned! I can't believe it, he's finally returned after two years! I take a look at Tomioka, who remained quiet. Master had given us the option to ask him questions about Tomioka's cryptic mission.

None of the Hashira spoke up due to being still shocked that Tomioka- San returned. I figured I would break the silence and ask the question before the master assumed we didn't have any questions.

"When did he return?" I spoke

"He returned a couple of days ago after completing his mission...." Master replied

"Where was he all these years ?" Mitsuri spoke up

"As I've said, he's been on a mission I tasked him with ...." Master replied

"Forgive me, master, we are all quite shocked and pleased that Tomioka is alive and well, but what mission could have possibly taken 2 years ?" Asked Uzui-San

It is true, that the longest missions usually lost around a month to two months depending on the difficulty of finding the demon, but a mission that lasted two years is truly unheard of for me.