Reckless Aftermath

9,500 words

Tanjiro POV:

           We did it. It turns out the lower moon one was occupying the train, which would explain the missing people. The lower moon could put you in a dream dimension, I thought I was with my family again and it was all a dream, but Nezuko's flame woke me up. Soon after, I fought the lower moon on the roof of the train. Luckily with Inosuke's help, we managed to behead it.

        Zenitsu and Nezuko did a great job protecting the passengers inside the train, while Rengoku-san was amazing. Tomioka-san told me to get along with him and it was easy to do so. He's great to talk with a positive personality. I did as Tomioka-san told me, which was to question him a lot about my Hino kami kagura style of breathing. Renogoku explained to me, he has never heard of it but was willing to speak with his father and look for more information on his breathing style.

           Right now, the train had crashed after the lower moon's head was cut off, but all passengers inside were alive, which was the most important part. All 200 passengers were saved.

           "Nice job Tanjiro!" I heard Rengoku yell from up far as he exited the crashed train.

           "Yes! Monjiro!" Inosuke suddenly appeared.

          I wonder if he will ever get my name right.

          Then I saw Zenitsu, exit the train with Nezuko's box on his back. Good to know my sister was safe in Zenitsu's care, maybe I should let loose a little when Zenitsu is around Nezuko. Normally I would try to separate the two, but Zenitsu does care for my sister.

         "Tanjiro, did you sustain any injuries?" Rengoku-san

         "No, aside from minor cuts and bruises, I'm fine Rengoku-san" I replied

          "That's good to hear! What about you two? Are you alright?" Rengoku asked them.

         "A demon like that can't hurt me!" Inosuke yelled.

         "I'm fine..." Zenitsu quietly replied

         "Excellent! We stopped the lower moon and no injuries or casualties!" Rengoku declared.

         The mission did go smoothly.

         "What do we do know Rengoku-san?" I asked him

         "We simply head back to the butterfly mansion to get treated for our minor injuries, then we report back to Oyakata-sama.." Rengoku responded.

         "Well let's go. I don't want to be near the train." Zenitsu nervously spoke.

           Looks like we will be heading back to the Butterfly mansion. I developed my breathing style in this mission and grew stronger. I can't wait to tell Tomioka-san about my progress!

Wait.

     Tomioka-san! I remember! He told me to "Run forward" after my mission was over. Is he implying that to be right now, he was very vague about it? All he told me was to run forward. Do I run forward?

        I trust Tomioka-san with my life, but his instructions just seem peculiar. Is he waiting over there for me? Is it something else? I don't know, but I've listened to Tomioka-San for my entire Demon Slayer journey, it must be important even if it was vague.

       I look back over to Rengoku who was excitedly speaking with Inosuke. Should I tell them what Tomioka-san told me? No. I can't, Tomioka-san told me not to tell anyone.

       But at the same time, I can't exactly explain to them why I need to run ahead, it might make them more curious. I don't know what to do. I want to follow Tomioka-san's instructions, but I can't just leave without saying a word.