A Hollow Victory

Everything went according to plan...

Muzan POV:

          Daki and Gyutaro are dead. I'm not surprised considering they went up against three Hashira, but this was all part of my plan. Normally if an upper moon were to die, I would call all the upper moons here to discuss the future, but there is no need here because I wanted them to die. I only have called for Kokoshibo to explain what has happened.

            "Muzan-sama... you've summoned me?" Kokoshibo appeared.

           "I have some news..." I spoke.

           "What may that be?" He asked.

            "Daki and Gyutarro are dead..." I revealed.

           Kokoshibo's expression didn't change and only nodded.

           "You don't seem surprised" I commented.

            "They were the weakest links to the upper moons; I had anticipated their deaths sooner than later..." He explained.

             "You are indeed correct about that, which is why I used them for my plan..." I started.

             "Your plan?" He inquired.

           "Do you remember the water Hashira?" I asked.

            "I do, I cannot forget the person that killed Akaza" He confirmed.

            "Do you recall how he found Akaza?" I questioned.

            "You said the two ran into each other in the forest, right?" He explained.

              "Yes... but I found it hard to believe they simply ran into each other." I doubted.

                "What are you suggesting?" He asked.

               "To put it simply, I had assigned Akaza to remain at a forest that none of my demons had ever occupied before, which means there was no reason for any demon slayers to be in that forest...." I explained.

              "If that is the case, why was the water Hashira there?" He questioned.

               "I do not know, which is why I doubt the two simply ran into each other." I theorized.

               "Then how?"

               "I believe the water Hashira held knowledge of Akaza's location," I revealed.

                 Kokoshibo's eyes widened for a moment in surprise.

              "How is that possible?" He asked.