Behind the Mask

DISCLAIMER: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE

Giyuu POV:

"Why are you poisoning yourself...?" I finally found the courage to ask.

Her face went pale as her eyes widened in shock. Her mouth opened, but nothing came out. She didn't know what to say, as she stood before, trembling a little at my sudden revelation. I know this way is forceful, but I had to say it.

"W-what are you s-saying?" She stuttered.

"You know what I'm talking about Kocho..." I sharpen my words.

Kocho flinched as she took a step back away from me. Her eyes were now shaken in horror, as her hands started to tremble. Her lips quivered as she tried to say something but couldn't. She was struggling to find the words to say.

"A-are you okay T-Tomioka-san? W-why are you saying such nonsense?" Kocho desperately tried to avoid the conversation as she put up a smile.

"You injecting wisteria into yourself aren't you..." I pressed the issue further.

Kocho moved back to the corner of her seating distancing herself from me. She held her delusional smile trying to play it off, but the mask was coming off. She cuddled herself in the corner, covering herself, trying to keep everything caged in as she buried her head onto her knees and averted her gaze away from me.

An abrupt silence formed as the tension was palpable. Neither I nor Kocho said a word as the Ferris wheel slowed and moved us around. The trembling of her body started to slow down, as her body loosened a little. She's calming down from the initial shock.

I feel guilty. I revealed I knew her secret here of all places because she had nowhere to run. I'm sure if I confronted her elsewhere, she would have tried to run away. I know this was a bit forceful, but there was no other way I could break through Kocho. I know how stubborn she is, it had to come down to this.

"How long...?" Kocho voice in a timid voice

"For a couple of months now..." I sat down opposite her.

"T-that l-long?" Kocho looked up a bit surprised.

I nodded as I patiently waited for Kocho to speak.

"Please, don't tell anyone..." She pleaded.

"I won't..." I assure her.

She slowly sighed a breath of relief, as she finally sat up straight and looked at me.

"Tomioka-san... I don't know how you found out, but please... don't try to convince me. I am committed to this. Please act like this conversation never happened." She asked.

"Kocho... I can't do that." I shook my head.

"Please...?" She pleaded.

"No..." I said again, this time looking into her eyes. I'm not letting you go Kocho, not this time.

"Why are you doing this Kocho?" I asked.

Kocho didn't say anything and stared at the view as the Ferris wheel continued to circle.

"Why do you have to poison yourself, there are better ways?" I asked her.

She continued to face toward me. Is she ignoring me?

"Kocho... please listen to me. Why are you so insistent that you go through with this plan?" I plead.

She's ignoring me and trying to wait this out. I have to get her to talk, I don't have time. Please forgive me for what I'm about to say Kocho... I have to be forceful.