The Talk

Giyuu Pov:

      I have fully realized I am in the past, and I have truly been given a 2nd chance. I won't let this chance slip by. I decide to go to my sensei, Sakonji Urokodaki, to help me with training.  Hashira.... kocho... tanjiro... I have been given the chance to protect them, I won't Fail them as I failed before.

Before I can start training, I'll have to report back to Master about the mission results with Tanjiro and Nezuko. I start heading back to the headquarters

     On my way to headquarters, I start to think how strong I'll need to get to save the Hashira. I have been given 3 years to come up with a plan to defeat the demons and save the Hashira.

     Knowing the Hashira Fates will help me protect them, but it still won't be easy. My current power level is lower than uppermoon Three I came to this conclusion because I was able to hold my own against Upper Moon 3 in the castle. However, Tanjiro was also there to help me defeat upper moon 3 which probably means I'm a bit weaker than upper moon three,  placing my current power level around uppermoon 4 or 5

Even if I can get stronger to protect them, I have to be able to make sure other confounding variables don't interfere such as the demon slayer marks. If any of them awaken it, I failed my task. I'll have to get stronger to the point it won't be necessary for them to awaken.

I have to think about this carefully. It's going to be complex because of so many variables. Since I know what's going to happen from here on out, I can't change the events to the extent that the future changes drastically. Too much change will cause my knowledge of the future to become futile because the events would be changed so much to the point I won't be able to decipher them.

Another factor, I have to do this alone. Getting others involved will only create more complexities. More importantly, I can't share my knowledge of the future. Sharing it will only cause conflicts and if it spreads to the demons, it will be all for nothing.

This was never going to be an easy task, I'll have to precisely calculate my next moves so drastic changes don't occur and I can still have an idea of the upcoming events. Luckily, I have time to formulate a plan that will tie the complexities together and carefully examine the confounding values.

For now, I needed to get stronger. I have already come up with a foundation of a plan to get stronger with the demon slayer mark, crimson sword, and the transport world that I'll need to train and master. However, this will require intense training.

The training will take time. Time is simply something I do not have if I'm the water hashira. Being a hashira has its responsibilities and ideals. If I'm going to get stronger, I will need maximum focus on training.

I'll need to temporarily quit the corps to get stronger. There simply won't be time to get stronger while remaining the Water Hashira. Balancing missions and training will only result in a Plato. All my energy and focus will go into training to progress my strength.

Having made up a solid start to the plan, I continue to head towards headquarters.

- One day later -

I finally arrived at the headquarters, it was time to tell the master about my decision on the crops. I head towards his place to talk with him.

As I approach, one of the masters' daughters comes out. White-haired, short, and unusually calm. They always carried a peaceful tone.

"Please wait. Father will be with you shortly." Said the girl

I quietly nod. The daughter goes back inside to get him I suppose. I took this opportunity to continue with you to create my plan.

While thinking, something struck me. I can't .... quit being Hashira because that will change the course of events drastically over a longer period. I have done a lot of missions as Hashira, I'll need to continue to do them to prevent potential unfavorable changes.

This suddenly puts a hole in my plan. Just as I thought .... this is going to very complex and intricate. I'll have to tell the master something else. I still need to train to get stronger, but I can't abandon my duties as Hashira because certain missions will get unchecked in the future because of my leave.

I'll need to think of something to say before Master arrives. If I can't leave the corps .... but I also need the training, I'll have to do both in a way it makes me stronger. In doing so, it will slow my progression, but I don't have a choice.

This is indeed frustrating, there are many values and outcomes I'll need to thoroughly think about. I was given a 2nd chance, I doubt there will be anymore. I'll have to be nearly perfect and precise in my plan to make this work.

I heard Master approaching. I kneel and bow in his presence.

"Master," I say

"My child, how was your mission." He replies with a caring tone

"I was too late, a boy's family was slaughtered. My deepest apologies" I say.

" I see, you tried your best Tomioka-San. It is alright." He replies with a sense of sadness in his voice.

After his reply, I put into thought if I wanted to tell the master now or wait to come up with a better plan. Again, just one mishap could ruin this opportunity for me.

I believe Master noticed my uneasy tone and asked :
" Is there something you would like to ask me?"

I was puzzled he noticed my intentions to speak to him, I'm usually very quiet and keep my straight face. Since he asked I decided to tell him:

"Yes"

"What is it you would like to tell me, my child?" He replied.

"Training.... master,"

"Training? What about it ?" He replies

I haven't thought of what to say after this point. Perhaps... I should tell him about my abilities and explain the training I will need to go through. The issue with that, however, I still have to remain Hashira to prevent changes.

"I have unlocked abilities that will help my powers grow.... master."

" Abilities?" Master questioned

"Yes, I have unlocked my mark. It gives me a power stimulus that helps me gain more power in my battles"

"If I can master it, I can become strong to the point I will be able to defeat uppermoons," I add on

Master looked shocked at my remark. Did he know about the demon slayer mark?