The training begins

Tomioka giyuu POV:

Master looked shocked at my remark. Did he know about the demon slayer mark ?

He went quiet after I revealed my mark to him. I could tell he went to a deep think about my statement. The demon slayer mark is a very mysterious mark that appeared during our fights against Muzan and the upper moons. Master never had the chance to see it because he unfortunately was killed before he had the chance to. However, now that I am 19 again , I am able to use it way before the fight .

Master was still silent. The silence created a suspenseful mood, I was patiently waiting for what he will say.

"The demon slayer mark...." master said with sadness in his voice

His voice sounded very melancholy. Judging by his voice, it appears he knows the consequences of the power. The consequence was that it kills the user before the age of 25, however it seems master was knowledgeable of this.

"The mark hasn't emerged for a very long time Tomioka...."

"Do you know the mark ?" I reply

"Yes, I am knowledgeable of it as it was written down one documents written by the first generations of demon slayers , Tomioka ."

"I see.. master ."

Master was indeed knowledgeable of the mysterious power. The one thing that immediately questions my mind is : why didn't he say anything about the mark on the original time line ? If he knew about the power , he would have informed the Hashira but he didn't .

"The mark grants you tremendous power Tomioka...."

As he was ending that state meant , his voice faded . I know what he's going to say : the consequence. It is probably in my best interest to pretend like I am not aware of the details to avoid any complications.

"That is good.... master" I reply as I widen my eyes slowly to express my surprising attitude towards his words.

"Indeed it is.... however there is a consequence."

His voice trailed off. He's hesitating to state the cost of the mark. Master is truly caring towards his children. I never understood why he treated me with so much respect. I'm just a failure who couldn't protect the people I care.

"Before I say anything, I want to conform that you have the mark" Master says as he starts calling his daughter to come to him

He doesn't believe that I have the mark. Not because of trust but because he doesn't want me , another one of his children, to die. His hesitation was reasonable, but I don't deserve master's pity, I never did.

Then the daughter comes out of the house and stands next to her father.

"Could you please tell me if Tomioka has a mark on his face that resembles the demon slayer mark ?"

The daughter looks at me after his request. I turned my face at angle to help her see it .

She then nodded, signaling she has seen it , I turn and face master once again.

"He indeed does" She says

"I see.... thank you ... my daughter"

I could hear the saddening tone in masters voice again. It bothered me to see master upset, but I had to tell him in order for me to start my training.

"The consequence of the mark.... is that it kills the user before the age of 25 .... Tomioka..."  He says as his voice fades off

"I see.... that does not matter. As long as it helps contribute to the end of demons, the consequences do not matter." I say boldy, ensuring him that I am ok with the consequences.