Future Plans and Spars

(13,000-word chapter, get comfy)

-Couple Days Later -

Narrator POV:

-recap-

              A couple of days have passed since Tomioka's return back to the demon slayer corps. Although many of the Hashira remained curious and skeptical of his two-year absence, he was nonetheless welcomed back by most of his co-workers. Ubuyashiki was delighted to have Tomioka back as he was constantly worried about his child's health and condition. Shinobu was another person that worried heavily after the water pillar's sudden departure and was relieved when he returned safely but remained skeptical about Tomioka's wellbeing.

            As a result of her anxiousness, she asked Ubuyashiki for permission to give Tomioka a proper medical check. Ubuyashiki agreed to her request and Shinobu took Tomioka in for an examination. After the examination, she discovered numerous scars and tears across his body mainly surrounding his feet, as well as the patched wound across his chest.

           The wounds were a result of Tomioka's training which he kept quiet about to keep his secret. He needed to keep quiet, otherwise, an overwhelming number of questions and attention would come his way which is the last thing he needed. Despite the heavy questioning from Shinobu, he had kept quiet, and eventually, she gave in and treated his wounds.

            After she treated his wounds, she ordered Tomioka to rest for a couple of days to make sure no infection spreads, much to Tomioka's disapproval as he didn't have time to rest with the upcoming lower Moon fight. However, he did not have a choice and reluctantly stayed the last couple of days at the butterfly mansion, scheming his next plan for Nagatomo mountain.

-present-

           It was around midnight at the butterfly mansion. The night was rather quiet only sounded by the nocturnal animals that roam at night. The moon was shining bright as ever in the clouded night sky as it shined brightly on the butterfly mansion. The flow of water was heard in a nearby creek as fish swam in it. It was a perfectly peaceful night for a person to fall into slumber. However, one person remained awake: Tomioka Giyuu.

           He was seated on top of the butterfly mansion, mediating in the peaceful atmosphere. Although he had resented the needing to rest, it was the much-needed rest he required. His body felt more relaxed, his shoulders were less tense, and his mind was cleared. He was under an overwhelming amount of stress before as he constantly trained without rest to insure, he had the power he needed to save his comrades.

           It was the first time in months or even years that Tomioka had properly rested his body, and it showed. He felt no stress, pain, or fatigue across his body. There was always some form of pain his body felt after training; however, it was no longer there. His body felt almost stronger to him and was able to think clearly during this rest.

Giyuu POV:

            It's been a couple of days since I have stayed at the butterfly mansion. I hate to admit it, but my body needed this rest. I've pushed my body to its upper limits the past year, I haven't given it enough rest. The constant stress of training has caused my body a lot of pain, however, these last couple of days, I feel free.

           My mind feels clearer as well, I can think more fluidly without constant headaches or feelings of stress. Despite my well-thought-out training regimen, I failed to consider the importance of rest as at that time the only thought in my mind was to get stronger. I'll make sure to include important rest when I will eventually train Tanjiro in the future.

          With my mind being less stressed, I have brainstormed mainly possibilities for the next mission. By now, Tanjiro should have met Zenitsu and Inosuke and the lower moon mission lurks closer now. During this mission, I'll have to consider many factors and possible outcomes of the mission.