Chapter 20 |Unedited|

I wake up gasping for air. My body shivers from the shock of breathing again, it's like I'd died and resurrected. 

The first thing I notice about my surroundings is the atmosphere, it feels immensely saturated, there's a thickness to it that causes my body to feel weighed down. 

 I recover from my limp position on the ground and begin scanning the environment. This place is neither familiar nor foreign to me. I have no clue where I am, but at the same time, it feels like I've been here before... 

"Hello!" I shout. I'm searching for a path of some sort, but it's difficult. There's nothing here, no trails I can follow, no doors I can open, not bright lights, no sounds. 

"Hello!" I shout again "Where am I?" I ask to myself. I'm trying to remember what happened prior to me being here. I remember experiencing severe symptoms of my heat, but nothing more after that. I also remember Salina coming into my room, but my memory becomes more and more foggy. Did I faint? Was I drugged...? 

"HELLO! Is anyone in here?" I'm getting frantic. What is this place? Where is this place, and why am I here?" 

"Amira, stop shouting! It hurts my head, goodness, is this how it felt whenever I spoke to you?" My body shivers at the sound of a familiar female voice. 

My body rotates, trying to find a figure, is there someone else here with me. "Hello?" I shout again, hoping to hear the female's voice again. 

"Ugh, I told you to stop shouting, it really hurts" she pouts. 

"Amina..." It's my wolf, but she's no longer a voice in my head. 

"Hi!" she responds joyfully, giggling like a maniac. She's extremely bubbly, normally when I speak to her she's in a mood, complaining about something, or everything.  

" Everything out here is so beautiful Amira" I'm confused as to what she's calling beautiful. The place we're in is absolutely void of life. 

"Ahh, and this bed is so soft. I've always wanted to know what a bed feels like" A bed? I glance through the space and don't see one. I'm getting more and more confused by what she's saying. It's as if we're in two different places. 

"Amina, what bed?" I ask her "There is nothing here, I can't even locate a door." 

"The bed in your room silly and there is no exit. You can only come out if I let you" My body freezes.

"Amina...Where am I?" My chest tightens as I start piecing things together. 

"Don't worry, you're safe"  

"Thank you for the reassurance Amina, but that isn't what I asked. Again, where am I?" My wolf and I have never gotten along, and I've always found it odd that we're tied, because our personalities are polar opposite. 

"I promise you're in a safe place. Just let me be in control for a few days" She giggles again. Has she always been this preppy? Her playfulness during a situation like this agitates me. I'm silent as I try to process all that's happening.

 My wolf has taken over my body. Never in my 20 years of life did I think I would find myself in this position. I feel nothing but utter betrayal. I know Amina and I have always had our differences, but I never imagined she would do this to me. 

"Why?" This is yet another conflict I have to add to my plate.Even my own wolf has betrayed me. 

"This is only temporary Amira. I just want to right some wrongs before giving you back control. Can you please let me stay? I promise I won't stay for long" She's pouting again, her voice soft and childish. It seems she genuinely feels she's doing me a favor by having taken over my body. I'm losing my mind.