Chapter 18 |Unedited|

"Cass" Leo smiles embracing his older sister. Cassandra and the rest of Leo's family live outside the pack house along with a few other families. Although they still live within pack borders, his family's home is a good distance away, so Leo doesn't get to see them often. 

"Hi Cass, it's great to see you again" I say also, waving to her from behind Leo with genuine excitement in my tone. I'd never gotten the opportunity to talk to Leo's sisters one on one. She's beautiful in appearance, but seems strict and hard to approach from a distance. I'm looking forward to spending time with her and becoming acquainted with her during this trip. 

"It's Cassandra" she tells me. Her tone is cold, passive and dismissive. Those two words are all she says to me before excusing herself. My excitement to meet her dwindles immediately. 

"Cass" Leo looks at his older sister confused and disappointed by her hostility. 

My eyelids close as I take a deep breath, trying to gather my emotions. I don't know why those simple words from her are throwing me over the edge, but they are. 

Leo rushes to my side, repeatedly whispering an apology for his sibling's behavior. "Amira, she's normally not like that." 

"I find that hard to believe" I mumble lowly. I hadn't meant for my words to be heard, but Leo's ears catch my remark and he quickly comes to his sister's defense. 

"I think she's having a tough day, please excuse her"he tells me. He's always defending his family, making excused for their rude demeanor.His entire family has a tendency to have "tough days" whenever I'm in a room. "Sure" I tell him and loosen myself from his hold. 

I'm prepared to share my opinion and built up emotions with him until Braden walks into the living and acts as a reminder of where we were. I'd made a vow to myself to not cause a scene these next few days, and I'm going to try my best to uphold it. 

"Everyone is waiting for the two of you." Braden tells us. Leo looks uneasy, both of us aren't in the best mood. "We should go" I tell him, feigning a smile. 

We enter the living room where everyone else is waiting. Cassy is circled by some females and males making small talk and laughing. I move to the area furthest from her. 

As the conversations die down, Annika pulls out her phone and starts listing a few of the things on Leo's bucket list, most of which we decide are impossible to do given the time we have here and our location. Out of the 25 things on the list, Annika decides we should aim for five; bungee jumping, riding a hot air balloon, flying an airplane, and zip lining. I hadn't known Leo had such a love for heights. 

"That's only four, what's the fifth?"someone asks. I'm wondering the same.   

Annika walks towards the door and opens it.

A beautiful female walks through the door. She's tall, slim, with long, straight, jet black hair. She's wearing all white and struts in as if she's on a runaway, I would believe her if she told me she were a model. 

She seems mature, not physically, but by the way she carries herself, classy as well. 

She's wearing a soft smile on her face as she walks to the center of our circle and greets everyone. People break into excitement greeting and suffocating her with hugs. Both men and women look at her in admiration. Her appearance even brings a smile to Braden's face and that's a rare sight. I stay put, wondering who this woman is. 

 "Beck" Leo breathes, his voice soft, he looks taken back by the sight of her. He's the only other person who has not approached her. 

I study her interaction with everyone, she's sisterly, pinching some of the guys on the cheek and giggling with the girls about past events.