Chapter 13 |Unedited|

Cora's friends gather in front of us, arms crossed, teeth showing, heads raised. They want to intimidate us although outnumbered.  

"It's not really a party, but you're welcome to join" the invitation comes from Imad. His face doesn't seem all too welcoming, but Imad has always been a peacemaker, he prefers to avoid confrontation unless absolutely required. The people behind Imad and I look at each other in fear before nodding in agreement with Imad. Bodies move, clearing the way towards the island that contains food and drinks. 

"This looks a lot like a party in my opinion, what do you guys think? " A red-haired female in the group asks the five others standing beside her. She saunters her way to one of the bar stools around the island, the contact of the heels of her boots on the tile floor sound loud. Each step is heard. Everyone is anxious, afraid that she'll shift and start attacking. She takes a seat on the stool, and takes small bites of each food item on the table. 

"It looks  like a party to me. A dull one though. I think it would be more fun if we invited a few more people." One of the male pack warriors from Cora's group of friends says with a smirk. Before I could voice my opposition, the male has already pulled out his cellphone and begins dialing multiple numbers, his friends follow. 

Within minutes the kitchen floods with people. It seems everyone from the pack had gotten a call about our so called "party", and each of them had vengeance in their eyes. 

I turn to look behind me. The fear in my people's eyes causes me grief. I hate that they feel so threatened in a place they should feel safe, a place that's suppose to be home. Today was supposed to be about celebration, we'd finally achieved what we'd hoped to have after ten years, and I would hate to see all of that taken away again. 

"Please, this isn't necessary" I say, addressing the people who had made the calls. The room was now filled. The large kitchen, suddenly feels small and suffocating, and we are greatly outnumbered. I have no doubt that a brawl was coming, I'm just hoping I can dissolve the tension before it happens. 

I turn around instructing my friends to go home, but the exit is blocked by the crowd. The sobbing of the fearful children put me in rage. 

"MOVE!" I shout to the crowd blocking the door. 

"No"  A random female jumps out of the crowd, pushing me back. I'm able to hold my balance, avoiding tripping onto the ground. 

"So, tell us, what is being celebrated here exactly?" The red-haired female ask. Just by looking at her I can tell she comes from a family of warriors as well. She seems unfazed, as if altercations like this are a norm for her, she enjoys battles. 

"We don't want any trouble, really" My voice comes out soft, my goal for now is to get everyone out of here without a fight breaking out. I'm keeping a brave face on for my family behind me, but the truth is I'm terrified. I don't want anything I do or say to cause them any harm. 

"That's not what I asked" She frowns. She has a way of being intimidating without raising her voice or showing aggression. There was something striking about her, it's odd that I've never seen her before. "Let them go first and I'll answer any questions you have." I catch her eyes roaming my body, studying my appearance, she huffs and randomly starts giggling. Feeling uncomfortable, I self-consciously pull the sleeves down of my long sleeve t-shirt and wrap my arms around my chest trying to mask my skin.

 "Leo must have done something to piss off the moon goddess for her to have paired the two of you." She circles around me, examining me like I'm an alien. "Imagine, the Beta of one of the world's largest packs, has to spend eternity with a brute as a mate. Poor guy has to lay with you every night, I bet he'll miss the nights we spent together" A hard slap makes it across the red-haired girls face before my own hand makes the punch. It was Bliss that had come to my defense, she seemed as angry as I am, and I'm fuming.