Chapter 2

"Amira"  The  soft sound of my name on his lips sends jitters down my spine. I hadn't known he knows name. I continue to stand still with my back facing him, unsure of what to do and how to respond to his call.

I hear the sound of his footsteps as he strides towards me, for every step he took, I took a few steps forward away from him.

I hear his sigh. "Amira" he repeats and again I stay non-respondent. How does he know my name? And for how long has he known my name? How long has he known we were mates? 

I sight Mariel walking out of the kitchen with a confused expression on her face.

"Amira, who was it that just entered?" she asks but becomes quiet once she takes notice of the awkward silence and Leo.

"Oh, good morning Beta Leo. It's a pleasant surprise to see you this morning. How are things at the pack house?"

I stand still and mute as they continue conversing. Once they finish their discussion Mariel calls my name "Amira"

My eyes shoot up in her direction "Yes?" I ask obediently

"Have you taken Beta Leo's order? " I shake my head and remorse washes over me as I see the disapproval in her expression.

" I apologize Beta, what would you like? I'll have the chef prepare it quick"  she says before I can attend to Leo

"That won't be necessary, I'm not here for a meal." Leo replies

"Oh, is there something I can do for you then?" Mariel asks slightly confused

"Actually, would it be alright if I spoke with Amira, privately?"  he asks to my horror.

I inwardly pray that Mariel refuses, but unable to deny a request from our Beta, she agrees and soon, I find myself walking into the woods with Leo in silence.

Of course my anxiety causes my nerves to become overactive. Being near him, although brings my wolf pleasure, makes my human side afraid. I fear being rejected. One of the reasons I hid from him all these years was because I knew he couldn't reject our bond if he had no clue who I was.

I've never thought myself to be attractive, especially compared to the girls I've seen Leo bring home for his frequent one night stands. It seems his type is short, blonde, blue eyes and cute, and sadly I am none of those things, the exact opposite actually. I am slightly rough around the edges. I spend more time working and looking after my sister than I do perfecting my appearance.

"Lets sit here" Leo gestures, directing my attention to the bench he's referring to

I nod obediently and sit close to the edge of the bench, he chooses to sit right beside me, so close that our legs touch. I've never been this close to him and Amina's inappropriate remarks about his good looks were making it difficult not to stare at his handsome features.

I attempt to scoot closer to the edge of the bench to create some space between us, but he places his left hand on my thighs to prevent me from doing so.

I hold my breath and sit still until he removes his hand from my body.

I hear another sigh escape his lips, his facial expression saddens and I automatically assume it's because of my reaction to his touch.

"I'm sorry"I say honestly being the first to break the silence

"For what exactly?" he asks softly and our eyes meet for the first time.

His appearance takes my breath away. He was absolute perfection. He wore thick dark brown hair , his eyes were light brown and his jawline was the masculine  and the most attractive feature about him.