Chapter 3 |Unedited|

I stare at him blankly, had he really just demanded that I strip in front of him?

"I would like to see your wolf" he clarifies. I blinked a few times flushed but still kept my silence, I lowly shun myself for having had crazy thoughts about his intentions.

But what was I to do? I rarely every shifted, so I still felt slight pain when transitioning. Also my wolf wasn't in her best shape, like I said , I hadn't shifted in a while and that has taken a toll on Amina's appearance. I'm embarrassed of what he would think once he saw her.

Noticing my hesitation he asked " are you alright? I could shift first if it makes you more comfortable, but I think our wolves should spend some time together."

His comforting smile caused electricity to flow through me, and I've suddenly realized that I should return to work. We'd been gone for almost an hour, and I hate leaving Mariel to attend to customers on her own. I also wasn't prepared to shift in front of him and want to use that as as an excuse.

"Excuse me Beta, but I should return to work." I said. I was asking more for permission to return than I was telling him I had to.

He nods in understanding "Remember call me Leo and I'll walk you back then, but, before we go, can I have your number? I know this is odd seeing how we're wolves and can mind link, but something tells me you'll reply more to my text or calls than you will to my links."

That would have been true if I had actually had a phone. My priorities had always been on other things than getting one. Cellphones were expensive, and I also couldn't afford the monthly cost of having one, and again, we're wolves, so most times it wasn't needed unless we were trying to contact someone from outside our pack or a human.

" I would give you my number but I don't have a phone" I said embarrassed again

He looked slightly shocked and smiled "Well, that won't do"

" I'm sorry, I'll try to get one if you would like, but to be honest, it's not in my budget"

He smiles " No need, I'll get you one, I'll also handle the monthly payments. Any preferences ?"

I looked at him as if he was deranged. I couldn't allow him to do such a thing. "Why would you do such a thing? I won't take a gift like that from you"

Hurt filled his eyes, and I was afraid I had said something wrong "You act is if we're just acquaintances, you are my mate Amira. I would get you anything if you asked, plus, it would be of no trouble for me to get you one, and I will" his tone made sure I knew that this topic was no longer up for discussion, no matter what I said he would still get me a phone.

" Now, what type would you like? the new iPhone was just released, I'm thinking you might like that "

I'd heard of an iPhone and everyone had one but I wasn't sure what made it so special, I didn't have much technology so I didn't know names of different phones and responded "the cheapest one"

He laughed, finding what I said amusing although I was very serious. "I'll surprise you" he says as we made our way back to the diner.

"I know this is cheesy but, tell me about yourself" he says out of the blue.

I walked slowly by his side , and looked down avoiding his gaze. I hated having anxiety. I was constantly self- conscious and nervous, even around my mate, heck even more so around him.

" There really isn't much to say, I'm not that interesting."

" I doubt that " he quickly replied

" Well it's true.

"I'm still not convinced" he says , walking slightly closer to me.

"Why don't we talk about you first. Tell me about yourself " I said redirecting the question to him.