Chapter 8 - Unedited

The loud sounding of Leo's alarm almost gives me a heart attack as I jerk up, falling off the bed and landing with a "thud" on the ground. When I landed, I'd pulled the covers down with me and my actions had stirred Leo. He growls lowly while still asleep despite his roaring alarm.

I walk over to the alarm on his phone, pressing the stop button before it wakes others on our floor. As I prepare to wake him up, I stop briefly to admire his sleeping position. He was laying with his head resting on his bent arm. His muscles were prevelent and his beard had made a slight appearance.

I smile to myself before tip toeing to the bathroom and shutting the door as quietly as I can. Karim and Imad would be here in an hour for their first breakfast at the pack house and I want to make it memorable. I also still need to inform Leo of their joining us for breakfast. His opinion of whether they are welcome or not really will not matter to me, but it wouldn't be fair for me not to tell him at all, especially since he has such a dislike towards Imad.

Once I was done showering and freshening up, I walk back into our bedroom to find Leo already awake and putting on a t-shirt .

"Leo, good you're awake" I smile

He turns to face me " We have a meeting with some neighboring packs in a couple of hours. I was going to ask yesterday if you want to come along, but we were a little distracted last night" he said with a smug look

I blush tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear awkwardly "What would I be doing exactly?" I ask confused as to what my role would be at the meeting

"Nothing, just sit and look pretty" he says I stare back at him, my face clearly showing my distaste of his words.

He laughs at my reaction and draws me in for a gentle kiss on the forhead "I was kidding. I want you to get a sense of what goes on behind the scenes of a pack. We'll be discussing alliances , territory, finance, safety, boring topics really"

"That honestly doesn't sound too fun, but I'll be happy to join you. Am I allowed to contribute to discussions during the meetings?"

He looks at me skeptically "What exactly do you have in mind?"

I think about telling him how I intend to discuss the advancement of omegas, but I'm afraid it might be a sour topic, so I just shake my head "I just meant generally, am I- as your mate, allowed to speak at these meetings?"

He gently places his hands on my hips and draws me near to him. " Of course you're allowed to speak. There would be no reason for you to come otherwise" he leans in trying to kiss me again this time on the lips, but I pull back.

"What is it?" he asks, I could see he took offense to my action

"You haven't showered or brushed your teeth yet have you? "

"I bathed in the guest room next door, you know you occupied the bathroom for over an hour right? "

I look at the clock and it confirms his allegations. I hadn't realized I'd been in there for so long. " I'm sorry, I guess I lost track of time" I said feeling guilty for having made him go next door

"Do you normally take that long in the morning?"

I shake my head "No, I just had to do.. stuff " that was likely the dumbest thing I have ever uttered.

He raises his brow amused "Stuff?" he chuckles and kisses my forehead before walking over to the closet to put on the top half of his navy blue suit. "Amira, I saw every part of you last night, so stop being so reserved" he says chuckling, while putting on his tie

A knock sounds on our door, thankfully interrupting our discussion.

I quickly skip to open the door to find Cora standing impatiently and seeming annoyed- as always.