Chapter 4 |Unedited|

"Salina" I softly whispered to my sleeping sister, early morning. Today was the day we were to move into the pack house, but I hadn't even spoken to my sister about who Leo was. I suspect she already knew. I wouldn't only be talking with her about Leo and I , but, I also wanted to inform her about mates in general.

I remember my mother having the talk with me before my twelfth birthday and since our parents death, it was now my duty to give her the talk.

Her eyes slowly blinked open and she sat up on her bed, rubbing her eyes gently before focusing her attention to me.

" What is it?" she asked

" I need to have a serious conversation with you. Bathe and meet me at the table when you're done"

She got up immediately, entering the bathroom and locking the door. Soon after, I hear the sound of water running. The vibrating in the pocket of my jeans caught my attention and I reached inside to retrieve the cellphone Leo had bought me.

I'd gotten a text from Leo saying he was on his way. My heart began to race at the thought of the change today would bring to our lives. Nothing would be the same.

Salina walked into our little kitchen and took a seat at the table, patiently waiting for me to begin.

I sat at the seat across from her and begin " I know this is sudden, but you've reached the age where I have this discussion with you. The one about mates. Mother had this discussion with me when I was twelve, and I think it's time we had yours"

She sits quietly and continues listening "A mate is a person the moon goddess paired you with the moment you were conceived. This person is meant to be your other half, you two will be made specifically for one another. You are to meet this person on your eighteenth birthday unless their age differs from yours. If your mate is younger, then you won't meet him until he comes of age, and if he's older, you both will meet once you come of age. Your mate should be a person that loves you regardless of your differences, your mate bond makes sure of that..." I pause

I catch a glimpse of her, making sure she's keeping up. I only hope I was doing a proper job at explaining.

A slight giggle escapes from her "I already know all about mates Amira. And I also know Beta Leo is yours. They teach about them in school, they've made it a part of the curriculum. "

I blink a few times in disbelief, not at the fact she already knew about mates-Salina was smarter than the average twelve year,but what I am astounded by is that they included the mate talk into the curriculum of primary schools for wolves. I guess times have changed, but knowing that has lifted some of the weight off my shoulders.

"I'm glad you're already informed. I don't think I could have explained it as clearly as mother had." We both laughed, relieving some of the tension and awkwardness that had plagued the room.

" Now, I need to talk about Leo and I." I became serious. Seeing how Leo would be here at any moment, I needed to explain to her that we would be moving. "As you said, Leo is my mate therefore he is now kind of part of our family. " I eased "And families live together...." I continued

"Are you trying to say that Leo will be moving in with us?" she asked crossing her arms.

" No, actually, it'll be the other way around. We'll be moving in with him" I pause briefly " And we'll be moving in, today" I quickly add

"WHAT! " she yells right when a knock sounds from the door.

"Start packing your things, we're moving today, I want no argument" I instruct with a stern look so she knew I was not in the mood to quarrel