Chapter 11 |Unedited|

Despite Leo's instruction not to wait up for him, I find myself checking the time on my phone consistently. Leo's a grown man and also a Beta, he has immense strength, so I'm not worried about his safety, I'm more concerned about what he's out doing.

The time changes to 5:00am, another hour has gone by.

I pick up my cellphone, dialing my mate's number for the 15th time, and again I'm immediately taken to voicemail.

"Hey Leo, it's me again. I'm just calling to see when you plan to come back home." I lay in bed staring at the ceiling for sometime until my eyes finally give out.

"Amira, wake up. The Luna wants to talk to you. " I wake up to my younger sister hovering over me with concern on her face. "What is it?" I ask, "Are you okay, Mira? You've never slept in this late before."

I pick up my cellphone to check the time and see that it is past 5pm. "Oh my goodness!" I jump out of my bed, rushing into the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. I'd slept for 12 hours. The entire day is wasted.

When I enter back into my bedroom, my sister is nowhere to be found. I remember that she had mentioned that the Luna wanted to speak to me. That was over an hour ago, it's rude of me to keep her waiting that long.

I make my way over the kitchen in search for her. I find the Luna seated at the grand table with the Alpha. I wonder if I'm to be punished for having disrespected him yesterday.

"Alpha, Luna" I bow respectfully and stand waiting to hear what I was called for.

"I told you to call me Bliss remember? I'm not that much older than you Amira. I want us to be friends." That was one of the last things I expected to leave her mouth. Friends? She wants us to be friends?

"Of course Bliss" I answer, "Good. Take a seat", the Luna pulls out the seat beside her and pats on the bottom of the wooden chair, urging me to sit down.

"Thank you" I slowly make my way onto the seat. I'm a bit frightened. The atmosphere was odd, her kindness was making me nervous. What was most uncomfortable though was the fact that the Alpha hadn't uttered a word. He'd been sitting silently this entire time, his face void of emotion.

"Amira" she calls to me. I turn to face her, to find her holding a perfectly wrapped gift box.

"Here." She tries to put the gift in my hands but I'm reluctant. It's not my birthday. "What is this for? " I ask finally taking the gift and resting it on my lap. "I heard about what my mate did to you and I want to apologize, actually we want to apologize, don't we ?" The Luna stares at the Alpha impatiently waiting for him to speak in agreement. He looked pained, I can tell his pride is getting in the way of him apologizing to me directly, but he musters up enough humility to say "I'm sorry. I apologize for laying my hands on you. I wouldn't want anyone doing the same to my mate, so I understand that I was wrong and hope we can make amends."

My mouth slightly hangs open in disbelief that Bliss had persuaded her mate into apologizing. As I nod in acceptance of his words - that I hope are sincere - I watch Jaxon leave. Bliss moves to stand closer to me as we're left alone in the kitchen.

"I'm sorry, his exterior is tough but he has a good heart" Bliss adds, "I'm sure he does, all of that is in the past now. No need to apologize. I take partial blame for what happened anyways. " I say politely.

"How is Leo? I heard about their fight." She asks me, searching the room with eyes expecting him to be nearby. I was embarrassed to have to say that I didn't know since I haven't spoken to him in almost a full day. "I haven't really spoken to him..." I started to say as we're interrupted by laughter.