Chapter 21 |Unedited|

Amina's POV 

I assure him that I'm perfectly healthy for the umpteenth time. He looks at me oddly again, studying me with obvious suspicion. Why is he so rigid? 

Sighing inwardly, I realize I need to behave more like Amira so he quits suspecting me. "I'm sorry if it seems I've been acting strange lately. I had a difficult time during that trip, but I'm fine now." I clear my throat and smile at him and also fix my posture. I rub my arms awkwardly like Amira does to mimic her mannerisms. 

He's still not fully convinced, even so, he smiles accepting my words "I just want to make sure you're alright. I was worried. I am worried." He kisses my cheek and my heart shamelessly skips a beat. I rush to kiss him without warning, throwing myself at him. I call to him, using this opportunity to push him onto the bed, straddling him and locking him into place. My hand gently roams his skin, he seems to take pleasure from it. 

I kiss him invitingly, not wanting this to be one sided. He's being careful; he doesn't want to do something he'll regret, that I will regret. I push myself closer to him making it known I'm enjoying every bit of this. I want to persuade him to take things further; I like a dominant male.

He groans and binds both of my hands as I motion to undo the button on his pants. 

"Wait" he moans, hastily finding his way out of my grasps. I pout, stopping as he'd requested. 

"You don't want me?" I ask him, feeling undesired. I'm becoming impatient. Is something wrong with me? Why does he keep rejecting me? 

"Not like this" He tells me, buttoning his clothes. I reach for him again, wanting to entice him like I had before, but he blocks my advances yet again.

He's fully dressed now, staring at me sternly. I'm in disbelief that he'd rejected me, especially when I'm offering myself on a platter. 

"How would you like me then?"I ask, curious to how I can appeal to him. If my methods don't entice him, I don't mind using his. 

His head shakes before he takes his jacket and places it over my body "Amira...you're not yourself. I'm not taking advantage of you." He's at the bedrooms exit, looking back at me expecting me to follow like a sheep, but I'm rigid. Does he believe giving into his desires would be taking advantage of me? I want this, and so does he, I'm perplexed as to what the issue is. 

"Leonard, can I ask you a question?" He looks at me stunned, although I've yet to ask my question.

"What's your question?" he asks, still flustered . 

"Why won't you touch me?" This was a genuine question of mine.I thought I could easily sway him to mate with me now that Amira's dismissing character isn't in the way, but I admit I'm finding it difficult. It seems he's determined to keep me at a distance. 

He coughs "It's not that I don't want to, I just feel it's inappropriate. This just doesn't seem like the right setting or time for us" He says. 

Wrong setting? "Tonight then, in our bedroom?" I question in excitement.  

He shakes his head and tries to hide his boyish smile, he's holding back laughter, but I'm being very intentional. 

"I think you need some rest" he tells me,  then reaches for my hand and leads us out of the guest room. 

"I think I'd rest a lot better if you laid beside me" I tell him. He pauses in the middle of the hallway, and gapes at me before bursting into laughter again. I was hoping he'd be charmed by my advances. He is, but not in the way I want him to be. I wish he would take me seriously.