.decisions

Know it's late, but I'm so wired.
Saw your face and got inspired.
Guess you let it go,
now you're good to go
It's cold-hearted,
cold-hearted.

LIKE I WOULD / ZAYN

"Aren't you cold?"

Snapping from her daydream, Margaret turned towards the source of the soothing voice directed towards her. Locking eyes with a familiar pair of brown ones, she smiled faintly. A coat was draped around her shoulders and she accepted it instantly, her cold fingers gripping the collar as she wrapped the warm material around her. She sighed, the breath coming out from her mouth like smoke.

George plopped down next to the blonde girl, placing his elbows on his knees as the two of them sat in front of the bakery. After a few minutes of comfortable silence, the brunette boy finally spoke up.

"You're awfully quiet." he noted. "Something's bothering you, innit?" he asked.

Margaret smiled sadly, shaking her head. "Just thinking." she replied shortly.

"About?" he asked. Though, Margaret pursed her lips, remained silent. George nodded. "Blythe, innit?"

She replied with a sigh.

"I don't understand." she admitted, furrowing her eyebrows as she lowered her gaze to the ground, "I've tried so hard to be understanding. To be supportive. To not let my emotions get the best of me." her voice was low, but still the brunette managed to hear every single word that was coming out of the girl's mouth.

"I love him, George." Margaret admitted, hanging her head low as she tried not to cry again, though it was pretty difficult to do so.

"Why?" she asked. "Why did he do this to me?"

Running a hand through her hair, she shook her head slowly, dissappointed, before stuffing her cold hands in the coat as she wrapped it tighter around her body.

"This doesn't seem like him at all. It's like... I don't even recognize him anymore. The jealousy, fights with Oliver, him leaving, and now this?" she spoke, as George felt a pang of guilt in his chest. "Honestly, it makes me feel weird. Like, this awful feeling that something's not right."

"Hey." George interrupted the girl before she could say anything else, "You're not the one that's supposed to feel like that. If it weren't for that Lil - " he started, but stopped himself before he said something he wasn't supposed to say. Luckily for him, Margaret was too caught up in her own emotions that she let the little mistake fly right above her head. "Look." George sighed.

Raising her head, Margaret's eyes met his for the first time since he sat down next to her. "I know you're crushed right now. Hell, I'd be crushed if I were you. And I know it's hard and I know it hurts. But, Margaret." he placed his hand on her knee, "It's not the end of the world. Maybe it seems like it is, but you have to understand that it's not. Tomorrow the Earth will still spin. And the day after that. And the day after, and so on and life will go on. And when it all becomes a distant memory you will look back and realize that this is all just an obstacle that you were strong enough to overcome. Because, believe it or not, you are one of the strongest people I know - and I know a lot of people. I'm practically famous." he joked, causing the girl to roll her already teary eyes.