.it's the COLD

AFTER Margaret finished her bath, she decided to help Matthew with the roof by going to the village center and buying some supplies

AFTER Margaret finished her bath, she decided to help Matthew with the roof by going to the village center and buying some supplies. Of course, Gilbert wouldn't let her go alone, and ,of course, Lily wouldn't let them go alone. She likes to be a third wheel and embarrass Gilbert every chance she got.

"So, dear Margaret..." Lily started talking as the three of them walked down to the destination.

"Yes, Lily dearest?" Margaret said, mocking Lily while using the same tone she did. Gilbert just laughed.

"Did Blythe here join you in your relaxing delicious bath?" she continued, pointing at the boy, causing him to stop laughing and look at her with wide eyes.

"Lily! Wh-what the? I don't! I would! I mean I would never!" he stuttered, scratching the back of his head before he noticed the look on Margaret's face.

"I-I mean I would! But! You-you didn't ask I guess. I don't know ,please don't kill me." sighing, he lowered his head, his cheeks redder than the colour of Margaret's hair.

"Well I guess you should have asked then, Margaret. Look at him, poor boy. So confused, so young,so in love, ah." Lily sighed, patting Margaret on the back, causing her to blush but cover it with a chuckle.

"I'm older than you, you little pest!" Gilbert said, speeding up his pace to avoid any more snarky remarks from Lily.

"Look what you did, now he doesn't want to walk with us!" Margaret smiled, pointing towards Gilbert. Lily just shrugged before continuing to aim her words at a shy Gilbert, who was already far from the girls.

"No,Margaret,in fact, he doesn't want to walk with us so you couldn't see how RED HIS CHEEKS ARE!" Lily yelled out the last part with her hands around her mouth.

"SHUT UP! IT'S FROM THE COLD!"

"Oh of course. Just keep telling yourself that,buddy." Lily scoffed. Margaret just rolled her eyes, wrapping an arm around Lily's shoulder.

"Let's just pretend it's from the cold." winking, she ran up to catch up to Gilbert, Lily right behind her.

.
.
.

"Hey, there's Cole!" Margaret said as the three entered the shop. She went to greet her friend, while Lily picked up some stuff for Matthew.

"Who's Cole? I've never seen him around before." Gilbert whispered to Lily, his eyes glued to the boy talking to Margaret. He was way too close for Gilbert's liking.

"Cole came here when you were gone. Margaret and Anne were his first friends. You don't need to worry about him. And stop staring!" nudging him with her elbow, Lily winked.

"We both know Margaret would rather snog you than anyone else." these words caused Gilbert's cheeks to redden again, his hand coming up to smack Lily across the head.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"Mind your own business, you little pest."

"Don't you get it, man! I'm your Cupid! And my bow is aimed right at that pretty smile!" Lily pretended to aim an arrow right at Margaret, and then pretended to release it.

"Boom! She's in love!"

"Shh! Look I appreciate it alright just lower your voice." Gilbert said, his hand over Lily's mouth. Then he noticed Margaret and Cole coming over and immediately straightened his posture.

"Gilbert, Lily. This is Cole." Margaret said, throwing her arm around Cole's shoulder.

"Hello Cole! Pleasure to meet you." Lily said, extending her hand which he gladly shook.

"Hello Lily. Such a lovely name." Cole said before turning to Gilbert, who straightened again and extended his hand.

"Nice to meet you." Gilbert said with the most manly voice he could possibly do, causing Lily to snort, covering her mouth.

"It was indeed a pleasure, but I'm afraid I must go. My aunt has this bad flu and I've already been out long enough." Cole sighed, giving Margaret a hug before bidding everyone goodbye and going out the store.

"Bye, Cole!" Margaret waved.

"Were you making your voice deeper?" Lily chuckled, turning to Gilbert.

"What?" Gilbert squeaked, but then covered it up with a cough.

"N-no, this is the way I talk." he said, again deepening his voice.

"You do know that Cole likes boys, right?" Margaret chuckled, patting Gilbert on the shoulder before continuing "There's no need to get jealous."

Gilbert placed a hand on his heart and looked around him,before saying "Me? Jealous? I could ne-"

"You better stop before you dig yourself a grave, boyo." Lily said, before turning to Margaret.

"Did you get the glue? The one Matthew asked for?"

"Absolutely. Here it is." Margaret motioned to a huge barrell on the ground.

"Well, since Gilbert is very manly and not skinny at all," Lily started "We should let him carry this huge thing."

"Oh, is that a challenge?" Gilbert mocked, lifting the barrell off the ground.

"Race you to the house?" Lily asked? Gilbert just looked at Margaret who shrugged and smiled, before saying.

"It's on."

.
.
.

"I should've realized sooner that this was indeed a bad idea." Gilbert was laying in the barn with Margaret and Jerry. The barrell was right next to him, and Gilbert wanted to kick it so hard it teleports into another dimension. But he was too tired. Instead he placed his head on Margaret's lap.

"You know, I think you're very manly the way you are." Margaret said, her hands gently petting his hair.

"Oh, really?" Gilbert said, wiggling his eyebrows.

Margaret gave him a quick kiss before saying "Yes,you dork."

"You guys know I'm still here, right?" Jerry said from upstairs, rolling his eyes.

When he heard Jerry's voice, Gilbert's head shot up, the look on his face confused and surprised. He looked around himself before saying "Jesus? Is that you?"

"Ha,ha very funny Blythe." Jerry said, causing Margaret to laugh and Gilbert to make funny faces at him.

"You really are dorks."

"Nah, it's the cold. It's messing with our brains." Gilbert said, shrugging, before Jerry threw a whole bunch of hay at him, causing him to gasp and take a shovel, climbing up the ladder to upstairs.

"Hey, hey, now Gilbert, buddy ,I was just joking!" Jerry lifted his arms up in defense before jumping down from upstairs and running out of the barn.

"You just dug yourself a grave, Baynard!" he said, running after the boy.

Margaret just shook her head, leaning down in the hay and closing her eyes.

Today has been a good day.