.the plan

GILBERT Blythe was walking down his usual route to school, his hands in his pockets

GILBERT Blythe was walking down his usual route to school, his hands in his pockets. Today he walked alone to school because he hoped to run into a certain person called Billy Andrews. But as he neared the schoolhouse, he slowly began to lose all hope of talking to the boy.

That is, until he felt a pat on his back.

"Hey, Gilbert!"

Bingo.

"Oh hey Billy." Gilbert said, patting Billy's back just like he did to him, before continuing "How's it going, buddy?"

"Good, good actually. You?" he said, fixing his hat.

"Well, I was actually meaning to talk to you. See, I have these bags at my house that I need to get to the market today. And I can't do it by myself, if you know what I mean." Gilbert quickly came up with a lie, hoping the stupid boy will believe in it.

"Oh, sure, I can help you!" Billy smirked, raising his hands up in the air to show his 'muscles'.

"You see these guns? They're made for it!"

"Sure, bud." Gilbert smiled at him before turning his head away and rolling his eyes.

In the meantime, Margaret has already arrived at the schoolhouse, and took a seat next to Prissy Andrews.

"So, Prissy." she smiled, batting her eyelashes at the girl, who simply glared at her.

"How can I help you, Margaret?" she said, folding her arms in front of her chest.

"Actually, I need a favor."

"No."

"You didn't even hear what I was going to ask!"

"It's still a no."

"Alrighty then." Margaret's face suddenly went serious before she put her hands on the desk, leaning towards the girl.

"Let's put it this way: either you help me, or I tell everyone you've been doing some dirty, dirty things with Mr. Phillips. I'm sure mother dearest wouldn't be so happy about it, now would she?" she said, making the girl gulp and turn towards her.

"How d-dare you!" she stuttered even though she tried to seem uninterested. "Y-you have no proof anyways." she said, turning away from the redhead.

"Oh, but I do. And it's standing right there." Margaret said, pointing towards Mr. Phillips, who sat on his chair, reading a book.

"W-what?" Prissy's eyes widened and she looked at Margaret "What do you mean?"

"Oh he told me everything, sweetheart. You think he'd rather lose his job than lose you? You're seriously so naive." Margaret smiled, looking at her nails.

"But if you don't want to help me, it's alright, no pressure." Margaret glanced at the girl one more time before standing up to go to her seat.

"Wait!" Prissy whisper-yelled, making Margaret smirk before turning to face the girl with a straight face.

"What?"

"I...I'll help you. But! Only if you promise not to tell anyone." she said, pulling Margaret down to sit next to her, which she did.

"I'm glad we managed to clear that out." Margaret smirked.

"What do you need help with?" Prissy sighed.

"I want to vandalize Billy's room. To destroy it. That, and his shrine also." Margaret smiled, tangling her fingers in her hair.

"How do you know about the shrine? And why would you want to do that?" Prissy had a surprised look on her face.

"Because ever since I came to this town your brother's only goal was to humiliate and bully me and Anne. And he deserves a bit of a punishment, don't you think?" Margaret snarled at Prissy, before the girl nodded.

"I guess you're right." Prissy sighed, turning towards Margaret and extending her hand.

"So it's a deal."

Margaret nodded, shaking the girl's hand before saying "It's a deal."

.
.
.

"This is crazy! You are crazy!" Anne whisper-yelled while Margaret ripped Billy's posters from his bedroom walls.

After Margaret and Prissy made a deal, Prissy made sure her parents weren't going to interrupt them while they destroyed Billy's precious room, so she said she felt sick and needed some medicine. Being the great parents they are, they immediately complied. Leaving Prissy alone to open the window of her room and let in Anne, Margaret and Lily in. At the same time, Gilbert made sure Billy was occupied with carrying bags.

"Anne, do you remember when we first came to school? Billy called you a stray dog! A dog! You're a human being! You have feelings! And Billy needs to be taught a lesson." Margaret said, picking up a toy horse from Billy's shelves before throwing it to the ground as hard as she could, making it break. Soon Anne joined in, poking holes in his shirts and shoes. Lily and, to everyone's surprise, Prissy started tearing up his newspaper cutouts, his horse riding diplomas and throwing away his medals.

"This feels really good!" Prissy laughed, breaking the lamp that was next to his bed.

"Hey." Margaret wiped the sweat off her forehead before turning towards Prissy "Where's this shrine he has?"

Prissy nodded her head towards the closet before moving it with all her force, Lily and Margaret helping her. Behind the closet was a big picture of Billy with some newspaper cut outs about the Andrews family horse riding history.

"Woah!" Margaret gasped, before turning to the girls.

"Let's do it together." everyone nodded before taking a piece of paper and ripping it from the wall.

"YES!THAT'S HOW IT FEELS!" Prissy said, ripping what's left from Billy's shrine. Surprised, the three girls looked at her before bursting into laughter and continuing to vandalize Billy's room.

.
.
.

"And that's the last one!" Gilbert said, taking a bag from his barn and lifting it on his shoulders.

"I think I did a good job, don't you?" Billy said, to which Gilbert snorted.

"Yeah, you did fantastic." he replied sarcastically, but Billy didn't really catch it.

"Ah, I can't wait to come home! I'm exhausted!" Billy continued, stretching his arms.

"Me too buddy, me too." Gilbert smirked when he saw Margaret, Anne and Lily coming towards his house.

"Good afternoon Gilbert. Billy." Margaret smirked, standing in front of the two boys.

"Good afternoon orph- I mean, Margaret." Billy quickly corrected himself, but Margaret just smiled.

"I should be going now. Bye Gilbert, bye you two." Billy waved as he walked away from the three.

"Bye buddy!" Gilbert said, before wrapping his free arm around Margaret's shoulder.

"Oh, he's in for a big surprise." Anne said, making the three of them laugh out loud.

"Come on, let's go in. You have to tell me everything." Gilbert said, placing the bag down before hugging Margaret and placing a kiss on her temple.

"Oh, it was awesome! We totally destroyed his room!" Margaret started,before they all entered his house.