.romance

Nuit de Juin! Dix-sept ans!
- On se laisse griser,
La sève est du champagne
et vous monte à la tête ...
On divague ; on se sent
aux lèvres un baiser,
Qui palpite là, comme
une petite bête ...

ARTHUR RIMBAUD / ROMAN

_______

June night! Seventeen! - You let
yourself get drunk.
The sap is champagne and goes
straight to your head . . .
You are wandering; you feel a
kiss on your lips,
Which quivers there like
something small and alive . . .

ARTHUR RIMBAUD / ROMANCE

THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT was overly present in the Cuthbert household

THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT was overly present in the Cuthbert household. The euphoria was clearly evident as the small redhead jumped down the stairs excitedly before settling herself in the kitchen, where two teens already sat, eating their breakfast in silence. That is, they were eating in silence, untill Anne jumped up on the chair, taking a bite from Jerry's toast while he wasn't looking.

"Good morning, dear friends! Isn't it a lovely day today?" Anne sighed, leaning her elbows on the table as she placed her head in her hands.

"There's literally a blizzard outside." Jerry scoffed as Margaret let out a laugh. The redhead, well, now less red and more blonde, took a piece of toast and spread some jam on it, before giving it to the younger girl. "Thank you." Anne smiled widely as she bit into the toast. She took her time to swallow the bite before turning towards Jerry, "And, for your concern, dear Jerry, the outside weather phenomena has nothing to do with the events of the day, which means that, aside from the blizzard, this day can be as wonderfully amazing as all of the others. It is the holidays, after all." she said, watching as Jerry's face showed confusion.

"Uh... sure." he shared a look with Margaret, who tried to contain her smile. The two watched as Anne leaned back in her chair, "And you two know i love the holidays!"

"Oh, do you, Anne?" Margaret asked, with a tone of surprise. "You should have said something, we had no idea." she pointed out as Jerry nodded, before saying;
"Hang on, I think I remember her saying something about it, once-"
"Or twice-"
"A minute-"
"All week-", the two added on to each other's sentences as the redhead in question rolled her eyes.

"Oh, shut up." Anne laughed, taking another swipe at Jerry's plate as she took a bite from his toast, again. How Jerry didn't notice that, Margaret will never know, though she enjoyed having breakfast with her family. It certainly gave a more holiday-ish vibe. The three of them were basically trapped inside the house, as Marilla and Matthew were away to visit their cousins. Or was it their aunt? Though, that wasn't important in the moment, as the three had a more important priority; finding a cure for their boredom.