.plan gone wrong

And I don't feel no remorse.
And you can't see past my blinders.

Oh, Ophelia,
You've been on my mind, girl, since the flood.
Oh, Ophelia,
Heaven help a fool who falls in love.

OPHELIA / THE LUMINEERS

MARGARET stared at her reflection in the mirror, following the movement of her flowy hair as she brushed it down her chest

MARGARET stared at her reflection in the mirror, following the movement of her flowy hair as she brushed it down her chest. Sighing, she placed the brush back on her small vanity, reaching her hands out to straighten the crooked mirror that was attached to the wall. After a little while, she picked up the brush again, bringing it up to her hair.

"Ugh, what am I doing?" she groaned, slamming the brush back on the vanity as she stood up abruptly, the dress she chose to wear for the party flowing around her bare feet. She wrapped her arms around herself as she anxiously paced around her room.

"How hard it is to write one letter?" she said, mainly to herself, as she allowed her body to collapse on the bed, her hair sprawling around her as she buried her face in the pillow. After a long while of not receiving any news from Gilbert, Margaret became impatient and worried, especially when she found out that Gilbert had already sent out letters to the others; including Todd, even Jerry. It seemed like everyone had received theil letter - everyone except Margaret. Which made her incredibly infuriated. She groaned into the pillow loudly, trashing her arms and legs around, failing to notice a few faint knocks on her door.

"Hey, Todd is - Are you okay?" Jerry's voice echoed around the bedroom as Margaret straightened up, wiping furiously at her face.

"Yeah..." she started, her bottom lip trembling as she caught Jerry's worried gaze, before finally hanging her head low. "No." she admitted, watching as Jerry entered the room fully, closing the door behind him. He sat beside her on the bed, placing his arm around her shoulders comfortingly.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, his eyes scanning her sad face worriedly. He ran a hand through her hair, before throwing the blonde locks over her shoulder. "Hey, if you don't want to go, I'm sure Todd will understand." Jerry assured, assuming that the party was the reason of Margaret's tears. He watched her as she wiped off the tears with the back of her hand. Margaret shook her head. "It's not about the party." she answered, taking a deep breath.

Jerry sent her a knowing look. "Still no news from Blythe?" he asked, as Margaret nodded weakly.

"He forgot about me already." she said, her sad eyes glued to the floor. Jerry shook his head. "Non, c'est ne pas vrai. I'm sure that's not true, Margaret. Gilbert loves you very much." he tried to assure her, but the blonde just shrugged before turning to face him.

"Then how come he wrote a letter to every single one of you with the exception of me?" Margaret frowned. "Hell, he even sent something to Diana!" she stood up, crossing her arms in front of her chest. Jerry sighed, running a hand through his hair nervously at the mention of the Barry girl's name.