.too cold for you here

"AND WHY in the hell did everyone think it was a good idea to go to a lake in the middle of November? I just don't get it!"

Anne, Diana and Margaret were walking towards the lake for a picnic that everyone agreed on. But the lake in this cold weather?

"I guess it was a group decision, Anne. Besides,you don't have to go." Diana chimed in and Anne just sighed.

Diana was wearing a wonderful white dress that fit her like a glove. Her hair that was usually down was now up in a bun with flowers in it. Anne was wearing a blue dress that Matthew bought for her. It was very beautiful and had puffed sleeves,just how she wanted. Her hair was the usual-just two red braids with ribbons. As for Margaret,she was wearing a white dress given to her by her friend at the orphanage. It was plain and simple,but it still fit her perfectly. Her hair was wavy and down, with a few flowers in it. Basically, all the girls looked like their best selves.

"Do you know the way to the lake, Diana?" Margaret asked her friend.

"Of course! Just follow me and watch your step." turning left towards the deep part of the forest, Diana motioned the girls to follow her.

.
.
.

By the time the three girls came everyone was already by the lake, talking. Some boys were even bathing in the water. Of course,there was Billy Andrews who approached the girls immediately.

"Well, well, well, look who decided to show up? Diana, I see you brought the two dogs with you." folding his arms in front of his chest, he snickered. That jerk.

"The only dog I see here is you, Billy." Anne said, walking straight to avoid the boy. When Billy turned around to follow her, a small hand yanked him backwards.

"And where exactly do yo think you're going?" Billy turned around to see who dared to defy him when he saw a familiar pair of greenish blue eyes.

"Oh, she barks!"

"I suggest you calm yourself down before I do it myself."

Diana was now holding Margaret's arm in desperate hope to calm her down.
"Margaret, let him be,let's just go."

But the blonde continued "And if you ever hassle Anne again, you'll regret it!" now pointing her finger in his face, she pushed past him,Diana still holding her arm.

"You're really out of your mind! He'll kill you now!"

"Oh yeah? Well he can definitely try, we'll see if he succeeds."

.
.
.

"Why is it so cold in here?" Diana shivered as she ate the last slice of pie Ruby's mother baked. It was a raspberry pie and it tasted like pure and complete shit.

Taking a bite, Margaret felt the sour flavor in her mouth, but due to being watched by a pair of eyes that belonged to Ruby, she smiled "Wow, Ruby.. This pie is- it's really something."