.it's because of the gold

NOW even though it might be way past her curfew, Margaret was out in the woods

NOW even though it might be way past her curfew, Margaret was out in the woods. Why was she there, you may be wondering. Well, there were certain rumors going on in Green Gables that there's gold existing in Avonlea. Sure, Margaret didn't know who started the rumor,but when Charlie and Diana knocked on her window one night asking for help to find it, she gladly accepted.

Now the gang consisting of Anne, Diana , Margaret , Charlie were already deep in the darkest end of the nearby forest. Margaret and Anne left Lily at home to cover for them. The girl didn't mind. She was a really good trickster.

"Well, we already searched everywhere in this damn forest! Three times!" Charlie sighed as the kids wandered around the woods.

"Oh, come on Charlie! You've got to have some spirit!" Anne whisper-yelled, the candle in her hand was the only source of light they had in the late hours, though it wasn't the greatest idea, considering they were, in fact, in a forest.

"Yeah, Charlie. You were the one to take us here in the first place!" Margaret spoke up, adjusting her scarf around her neck.

"Alright, alright. I'm clearly outnumbered so I better shut up." nodding, Charlie sighed.

"I think it's best we return right now. It's getting kind of... scary." Diana said, backing up and slowly walking away, the other kids nodding among themselves and following her.

Margaret helped Anne climb up to the window to their room, where Lily patiently waited for them.

"Good evening my dearest Lillian." Anne hugged the dark haired girl while Margaret climbed up the window.

"Good evening? More like good morning. If I may inform you, Anne dearest, it is currently-" Lily started, turning her head to look at the clock on the wall "- three forty six. In the morning. We have school tomorrow. And Marilla almost found out you two weren't here."

"Sorry, Lily. I was positive we were going to find gold in there somewhere." Anne sighed, running a hand through her short hair.

"I bet there is no gold." Crossing her hands in front of her chest, Lily scoffed "It's just a rumor told to fool people."

Margaret smiled, nodding her head towards the door. "Alright, you two argue about it, I'm going downstairs."

Walking towards the door, Margaret was stopped by Anne's voice.

"Are you going to write to Gilbert again? He hasn't sent anything in a while." Anne said, her eyes avoiding eye contact.

Sighing, Margaret opened the door slowly,leaving the room, but not before muttering a small "Yeah."

The paper was right in front of her, but she didn't know what to write. She didn't know what to say. He hasn't been answering her letters lately, and it worried her.

"Where are you, Gilbert Blythe?" sighing to herself, she decided it was best if she wrote him tomorrow, with a fresh head.

.
.
.

"Are you sure the train is supposed to arrive right now, Bash? Because I don't see it."

Yup. You guessed it. The infamous Gilbert Blythe. Waiting for a train with his close friend Sebastian Lacroix, aka the Bash. Why was he waiting for a train, you may ask? Where did the train lead to? The answer is found in a single word: Avonlea.

"You have to wait, boy! It's not like the train waits for your command to arrive." Bash laughed while Gilbert shoved him slightly.

"I know... There's just... Someone I'd like to see as soon as possible." smiling, Gilbert fiddled with his sleeves.

"Ah, the blonde beauty. With you telling me all these great things about her, I'm getting excited too!" now it was his turn to shove Gilbert.

"Shut up." Gilbert chuckled, when he heard the sound of the train coming

"YES! FINALLY!" taking his luggage, the boy ran towards it, almost falling over.

"Hey! Be careful, boy!" Bash smiled, shaking his head, before following the dark haired boy.

.
.
.

"And if you take these ribbons, they would look amazing with your dress!"

Margaret was at the shop owned by Charlie's mom. It was in the center of the village and they sold all kinds of beautiful hand made accessories.

With her were Anne and Cole. Cole was a new addition to Margaret and Anne's life ,and they adored him. He was the kindest person they've ever met, and his aunt Josephine was a truly amazing woman.

However, Cole wasn't very popular in the male gang ,they liked to think he was different and that his aunt was a loon.

Margaret thought that was all just a pile of bullshit.

Margaret often borrowed Cole some of her dresses, because she liked the sparkle in his eyes when he wears them. He might be different,but that isn't always a bad thing.

"Thank you, Cole! You truly are helpful!" smiling, Anne took the ribbons from Cole's hand and went to pay for them.

Meanwhile Margaret was looking at the trousers they had in the male section. She really liked to wear pants, it made her feel powerful. Though Marilla said it wasn't very ladylike,she didn't care.

From the corner of her eye, Margaret spotted a familiar figure eating an... apple? No, it was something else? She recognized the person by the scarf he was wearing, and her eyes immediately widened.

"Holy Mother of Jesus Christ!" Margaret yelled, running out of the store, leaving a confused Anne and Cory inside.

When she was halfway across the path to the dark haired boy, she stopped. Was that really him?

Gilbert just took a mouthful of his mango before lifting his head up, his eyes meeting with a pair of greenish blue ones.

He gasped, the mango almost stuck in his throat, before he spat it out.

"Margaret?" he whispered to himself, taking small steps towards the redhead, who stood her ground firmly.

"Margaret!" running towards the girl, he completely disregarded the mango, throwing it to the ground (don't waste food, kids!)

Embracing her, the boy lifted her up, her hands around his shoulders.

"You came back." Margaret finally said, tears forming in her eyes.

"Yeah, well..." Gilbert took a stray piece of her read hair and tucked it behind her ear.

"I had a promise to keep."