chapter five

george's point of view

It had been three days since Sapnap had told me he drove down to Dream's place and I hadn't heard of either of them yet. I had emphasized that Nick should call me as soon as he arrived in Florida but he didn't, making my mind grow restless every night. What if something had happened?

What if Dream wasn't okay? It wasn't too illogical, considering the fact that he hadn't answered my calls since last week. I knew he had been on a couple of my streams, but even if I mentioned him, asking him to join me, he wouldn't respond to my texts. Those kind of things had happened before, but never for that long.

He told you he's fine...

That was true. He had told me about those episodes before, explaining that it was something with his ADHD where he wouldn't want to talk. It didn't make much sense but there was no other explanation.

I dialed Nick's number again, desperately praying that he would pick up. It was normal for Dream not to answer my calls, but Nick had never ignored me. He was in fact a person that called quite often, just to check up on me. After the phone rang for at least a whole minute, I gave up, flopping my phone onto my bed.

Why weren't they answering?

It wasn't like filming this stupid video would consume their whole day...

Before I could start sitting around on my bed for the whole day, I decided to stream to see if Dream would eventually show up. Pushing myself upright, I made my way to my pc to boost up Minecraft.

I ended up streaming for a good two hours, Dream not showing up once. After I finished, I instantly raced to my phone, hoping I would see at least one new message. But it seemed like I could never be lucky.

The twenty messages I had sent Sap were still unanswered, some of them even left on seen.
What the fuck was going on?

"Please someone answer me!" I mumbled in despair, dragging out the e in the last word.
I had no clue what I was supposed to do.

Should I just leave them alone?

Should I try to contact Karl or Quackity? Maybe they knew more than I did?

Should I-

I hadn't even realized that I was scrolling through one way plane tickets to Florida until my head ran out of ideas. What if I just came over and join their video? It would sure be a lot of fun and the fans would definitely love it.

I was trying to talk about the fact that the main reason why I wanted to buy a plane ticked was that I now had a reason to meet Dream. We had wanted to meet for years now but something always happened, causing either Dream or me to cancel the meet up last minute. Well, it was mostly Dream because of family stuff but that didn't matter.

I was just one click away from meeting my best friend. A huge smile on my face, I clicked on the button that made it official; I would be going to Florida. It seemed like the best Idea I had ever had, but at the same time I was feeling miserable.

It was a selfish decision. There was probably a reason behind not responding to any of my texts or not answering my calls. Maybe they just wanted a few days off of the internet and had turned off their phones. Whatever reason they had, it was probably a good one and I was about to ruin it.

Correction: I already did ruin it. Because the ticked was already booked and I would need to start packing right now or I wouldn't be able to get to the airport in time, since the plane would be going off tomorrow morning.

Shit.

I had indeed ruined our friendship, hadn't I?

My first intention was to cancel the flight right away but I soon had to realise that this action would cost more than the whole ticket.

I then played with the thought to call Quackity or Karl since they also were in daily contact to Dream. But I also rejected that idea, mostly because I didn't want to involve more people into this. What if Sap and Dream really just needed some time off? I would just baseless concern everybody. Plus, I would have to deal with the combined anger of both of my friends.

The thought made me chuckle and brightened my mood. No, they certainly wouldn't mind me staying with them. I was doing the right thing.

Hopefully...

I tried to stifle the little voice of doubt that was threatening me, only to see it grow bigger again.

Sighing, I put down my phone and glanced over to the clock on my wall. It actually was still early, but I had been tired the whole day, so I decided to go to bed right after I packed for tomorrow.

While I chose the clothes I would take with me to Florida, I pushed away the feeling of guilt and uncertainty. I should be happy that I would finally meet Dream!

So why was there still this dragging, slightly warning feeling in my stomach? It seemed like it wanted to convince me that what I did was wrong. That it somehow would destroy something.

I paused folding my clothes into the small suitcase beneath me and bit my lip, thinking about the whole plan once again.

Two parts of me fought a fierce battle, one of them my rational self who first wanted to analyse everything, tending to rather stay home and the other one my deep craving to finally have clarity about Dream's Identity and the whole situation.

Frustrated, I leaned myself against my open wardrobe, staring at the half-packed suitcase on the floor.

What should I do?

I hated to admit it, but my selfish side had won. I wanted to go because I wanted to meet Dream and I wanted to check up on both Sap and him. Not that it was that presumable they both were in trouble, but who knew what they'd been doing?

They would've done the same thing if they were stuck in my situation. I was almost ninety percent sure.

Exhausted from shoving clothes and everything else I would need into a too tiny bag, I decided not to worry about it any more. It would be a nice surprise and the decision was already made. Not only because I would get to meet them for the first time, but also because I would finally be able to do something asides from playing Minecraft and mindlessly walking around in London.

We could go to Disney or visit the beach... The beach! I jumped up and ran to grab my swimming trunks I had almost forgotten. It would be the first time I went to an actual, warm beach. My parents were more the mountain type travellers while I had always been fascinated by the vibrant blue of the ocean. Not only because blue was definitely the prettiest color, but also because the either slight or dangerous rocking of the waves had a strangely calming effect.

The more I thought about the possibilities offered by this trip, the more I looked forward to it.

I couldn't stop thinking about all the fun things we would be able to do before I finally drifted off into a peaceful sleep, eventually dreaming about a little lagoon where I spent the night with a certain someone.

Tomorrow evening I would be able to meet Dream.

authors note:

Thanks for sticking around! We're glad to have you here. Remember to take care of yourselves and hydrate <3