chapter thirty three

sapnap's point of view
tw: thinking a lot
(You will understand later)

I dug my head into my hands, trying to wipe away the stress and worry that had been piling inside of me during the last weeks. Every day was adding ten new aspects to think about, one of the worst ones being Mirabelle.

I honestly had hoped to never see this brat again, but last night had proven me wrong.

"I- know this is none of my business, but... what did you mean by saying I wouldn't do something he didn't want?"
George looked at me in cautious curiosity.

I knew he would ask this question sooner or later. But I most definitely wasn't in the right position to answer it.

"This is not for me to tell you, Gogs. I'm sorry," I apologised, my gaze settling on our sleeping friend. At least he was my friend, George and him definitely weren't just friends anymore. Perhaps they never had been.

A smile slowly curved my lips when my eyes found George's again.

"So it's official now, huh?" I said, nodding towards Clay.

George's face immediately lit up and when he looked at the boy in his hands, I could see how much love he felt for him.

He shrugged, still not being able to brush off his wide smile. "I guess. I mean, we didn't talk about it explicitly, but... he- you know how drunk he was" he chuckled at the memory, "and he thought I was you, I think. He talked about me and that he- that he loved me." Again, he paused, gently caressing Clay's hair, obviously lost in the memory. "After that girl, Mirabelle made him so uncomfortable, I followed him outside. Sap, I finally could tell him my true feelings."

He sounded so excited about this that it was almost childish. Everyone could easily tell how much he felt for Clay and vice versa.

"I'm really happy for you guys. You both deserve each other," I said.

George detached his gaze from the sleeping Clay in his arms and looked at me again. "Thank you, Sap. Really. You're a great friend."

It was almost funny how we already had had this conversation but under completely different circumstances.
Life could be a bitch, but at least it was a sarcastic bitch.

And for these two right in front of me, it had been fair for once.

Ringing interrupted the thoughtful silence and it took me a second to make out the source of it. Picking up my phone, I was already standing again. I expected it to be the Twitter Customer Service that would finally answer to our request of deleting every single repost of this goddamn video.

"Hello?" I hauntedly panted, hoping the person on the other side of the line would tell me we were free of the treacherous video.

"Nick?"

My heart tripped.

I quickly threw a glance at George, seeing the questions in his eyes.

Hastily leaving the room, I breathlessly asked, "Karl?"
Why did he call me?

"Did you already see the-" he started, panic colouring his voice. We all knew Dream didn't want to face reveal yet and how uncomfortable this video would make him.

"Yes. We already reported it, but with every second passing, it will spread further. The fuckers from the customer support don't call me back and as long as they don't put everything in motion to remove this shit, we won't be able to do anything," I replied, feeling anger burning in my chest.

"Fuck," Karl spat out and I honestly couldn't disagree.

"And all that just because this bitch Mirabelle couldn't handle to be rejected," I murmured, not being able to express how much I hated her.