Miguel

I have been sailing with my family for about five days and I spent all of it in the brig of my god family's boat. It reminded of the same brig Tulio and I were in on Cortez's boat. Apart from eating and drinking what they served me which was usually stale bread and dirty water (which was no better than any stuff they served in the Dungeon of the Executed Souls in the Turolia Empire), all I could do was watch my family and their monster army destroy every place they saw and capture everyone that lived there to be either recruited to the army or be killed. I wasn't chained up, but I couldn't escape the brig to help the people my family were attacking because the grate was so powerful – like god-like powerful – that it didn't even need a key to lock it at all. I felt useless that this was all I could do and I couldn't help in any way at all.

Then I found myself teleported out of the brig and brought up on deck with my god family. I also found that I was hands and feet were cuffed up in god-like cuffs.

"I believe, son, that you once lived in this place for a few years," Belbur said.

I looked ahead and saw she was right. It was Kumandra!

"Judging by the reaction on your face, I'd say I'm right," Belbur said.

"Well, as you once lived here, Turor, you know it," Naror said. "You can escort our very best warriors and lead destruction to those who will not surrender." Then he turned to the general of his very best monster warriors. "Do not underestimate him or the cuffs on him. If he even so much as thinks of trying to do anything against you, you have my divine permission to cause extreme pain to him."

"Yes, my lord," the general said.

Soon I was slammed into a rowboat and was rowed to Kumandra with my family's monster army. Everyone stopped at the beach and that was when they planned the attack and I was forced to listen to it because I knew I was going to take part in this, even though I didn't want any in this. They planned to take each land of Kumandra one by one, starting with the nearest one. Then the general ordered me to escort five of his soldiers to it.

As I was chained up, I had no choice but to comply with them.

I always thought that if I were to return to this place I would remember how beautiful it still was, but the monsters I was escorting o made me forget that. It made me focus on making sure that no one in Kumandra would spot them.I tried my best to distract my monster escorts away from a city in Kumandra or try to prolong them, but soon they figured out what I was trying to do.

"I know what you're playing at," the leader said. "You've wasted enough time playing games with us. We can't kill you, but we can cut off one of your fingers, toes or your tongue."

"And I bet your god family can regrow another one for you," a second one said.

"But this is your last warning," the first one said. "You try to distract us again and we will cause you extreme pain. Got it?"

I sighed. "Got it."

"Don't waste your last chance," the leader warned me. Then he turned to his monster soldiers. "Let's move!"

So, we carried on. I saw we were approaching a land. I recognised it – it was the land of Heart! This was where I and my friends Tulio, Chel and Alvito lived before we got swept away from it because of a monstrous force. This was where Benito was born as well. And more importantly to me this was where I met one of my ex-girlfriends Raya after our adventures in Arendelle six years ago. I missed her a lot, but I didn't want to see her and bring monster soldiers to her home.

I didn't forget my escorts warning, but I couldn't force myself to lead destruction to it or any other place in Kumandra. I tried to lure them away by saying that there was a secret way into the city of Heart when really I was trying to lure them away from the city by taking them further along the river. If anything, I was amazed at how well I remembered it even when I hadn't been here for three years.