Elsa

"The fjords, Your Majesty," Mattias reported.

I ran to join him at the aft side and I saw that he was right. We were approaching the fjords. That meant that we were only two hours away from the kingdom of Arendelle.

When I shared the news with everyone, they all cheered. Though it was very late at night, we couldn't sleep at all. We were just too excited to get back home. But then I started to worry about the damage we had left it in and what would happen to the people whose homes had been destroyed and whose people would be unemployed.

Then I started to relax when I heard music. It helped me to worry less and relax more. I followed it and I saw it was coming from Miguel. He was playing a wooden guitar and he was singing, but to no one. He was sadly looking at the sea as he sang his song.

"I would choose the same joy," Miguel sang. "The same sadness, each step of the way

"That fought me and taught me that friends never say goodbye,

"Friends never say goodbye,

"Never say goodbye."

I approached him. "Miguel?"

He stopped singing and playing the guitar and looked at me. "Sorry, Elsa. Is this annoying you?"
"No, not at all," I said. "In fact, it's helping me to relax."

"But aren't you excited to get home?"

I told him I was, but I also told him my worries about going back due to the damage done to Arendelle and the other problems that waited for me to sort out when we got back.

"Well, you won't have to do it all alone," Miguel told me, after I finished. "Anna, Kristoff, Sven, Olaf, Kasper and Rika and everyone in Arendelle including me will help you. I'll help you the best way I can.

"Thanks, Miguel," I said. "I know you'll be a great help. I just know it. By the way, I really like your song."

"Thanks, Elsa," he said. "It was from Benito. Not Tulio and Chel's Benito. The Benito from Spain who took me and Tulio into his house when we were very young. He was the closest thing we ever had to a father figure in our lives."

"Tell me more about him," I said.

He was the one who taught us how to steal, run and hide from guards, how to play craps (or rather cheat at it), how to improvise their way out of the trickiest situations and how to play a guitar. I know I wasn't making him out to be a great model, but everything he taught me became helpful later in my life, from our adventures in El Dorado to defeating my evil god family recently. And he took me in when no one in Spain would and Tulio and I really learned a lot from him and enjoyed being with every second with him before he got arrested.
"What happened to him since?" I asked.

Miguel's face fell. "Neither I nor Tulio know. Ever since he was arrested, we haven't heard from him since then. I have no idea if he is released or still imprisoned or even executed. The last thing he ever said to me was 'Run! Run for your lives!' before he was taken away. All I have to remind me of him are these songs."

"What was the name of that song you were just playing?" I asked.

"It was called Friends Never Say Goodbye," Miguel said.

"Were you playing it because you miss your best friends?" I asked.

"Yeah, but it still hadn't changed my mind about going back to Arendelle with you," Miguel said. "I made many mistakes during my life, but the one thing I've never forgiven myself for is leaving you when I did. And I don't think I never will."

"Well, I forgive you, Miguel," I said, putting my hands on his shoulders. "It's not too late for us. It's never too late." Then I sang a song my mother used to sing to me when Anna and I were very young before I had to shut myself in my room after I hurt Anna very badly with my powers. It was called Never Too Late and I started to sing to Miguel to make him feel better. He felt so much better that as I continued to sing the song he played the guitar to it and it went very well.

Then I saw we had an audience. Kristoff, Anna, Sven, Olaf, Kasper, Rika, Mattias, Yelena, Honeymaren and Ryder were gathered around us. After we finished, they applauded us.

"You remember that song, Elsa?" Anna cried happily.

"Sure do, Anna," I said.

Then we sat down and listed to more of Miguel playing the guitars and singing more songs from Benito from Spain. These songs were called The Panic in Me, Trust Me and My Heart Dances. They were all lovely songs and we all enjoyed it.

"I've saved my personal favourite from Benito for last," Miguel said. "It's called Someday Out of The Blue." Then he played the guitar again and started to sing. 

"Someday out of the blue,

"In a crowed street or a deserted square,

"I'll turn and I'll see you,

"As if our love were new,

"Someday, we can start again,

"Someday soon."

That was my favourite out of all the songs Miguel performed as well. It really got to me.

"Land ho!" a soldier called.

We all got up and looked ahead. I could see the Arendelle castle. We were home in Arendelle. I lost care about what needed to be done later. I was just glad to be home and I was just enjoying the moment. Then I held Miguel's hand.

"Are you ready for your new home?" I asked him.

"I am," he said. "And I'm ready to help you the best way I can."

"Thanks."

We just continued to smile and hold hands as we approached closer to home.

THE END

· Written by Bobby South

· Road to El Dorado characters created by Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio

· Frozen characters created by Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck, inspired by The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson

· Moana characters created by Ron Clements and John Musker, inspired by the Maui legends

· Raya and the Last Dragon characters created by Don Hall, Paul Briggs, Qui Nguyen and Adele Lim

Songs

(By Elton John and Tim Rice)

· Friends Never Say Goodbye

· It's Never Too Late

· The Panic in Me

· Trust Me

· My Heart Dances

· Someday Out Of The Blue