Chel

I gasped as I woke up. Apart from the feel of fresh air again, the first thing I felt was a banging headache. It was probably from that time that Tzekel-Kan hit me on the back of his head. Then I noticed that I wasn't in the sea anymore. Instead, I was on a wooden boat. Then I noticed that I was bone dry, from my hair to my mermaid tail.

Remembering what happened since I got hit on the head made me look around to see where Anna, Patlee, Lllapa and all our friends from New Paititi could be. I couldn't find them and I started to worry. Then I looked on the raft and saw there was my bag of the bottles of white stuff that Anna and I had collected. Then I noticed a giant fishhook. It looked like the one that the demigod Maui had.

"Mother?"

I turned to see that someone was on this boat was me. I immediately recognised who it was – my son! "Benito!" I cried happily.

"Mother!"

I was so happy to see my only child that I haven't seen for three months was still alive, healthy and himself. I just had to burst into tears when we hugged.

"I've missed you, Mother," Benito sobbed happily.

"And I've missed you, too, son."

"Auntie Chel?"

I looked ahead and I gasped as I saw who was running towards me.

"Rika? Is that really you?"

Princess Rika hugged me. She even sobbed a bit. "I've really missed you, Auntie Chel."

I hugged her back. "And I've missed you too, Rika."

"And I missed you too, Miss Chel."

I looked to see Rika's older brother Prince Kasper bending down to hug me. And I hugged him back.

"And, Mother, over here is our new friend." Benito brought over a girl that I had never seen before. "This is Nicla, long lost princess of the Southern Isles."

"How do you do?" I asked, as I shook hands with her.

"Very well, thanks," she said. "How do you do?"

"I'm fine, thanks," I said.

"What happened to you, Auntie Chel?" Rika asked.

"She's been turned into a mermaid, Rika," Kasper said. "But how, Miss Chel?"

I explained to them that it was some magical bottles that belonged to Tzekel-Kan that Anna took before she left Arendelle that turned her and me into mermaids. We took them because it was the only way we could survive underwater and escape that monster that dragged us away from everyone three months ago.

"Mama's a mermaid?" Rika asked. "Where is she?"

I sighed as I held her hands. "Rika, I'm afraid the last time I was with your mama, Tzekel-Kan arrived and attacked us and I got separated from them. I don't know what happened to her. I'm very sorry."

Rika started to burst into tears, but I, Benito and Kasper comforted her.

"I'm sure she's okay, Rika," I said.

"Miss Chel, am I to take it that you and Mother haven't been able to turn back into human beings yet?" Kasper asked.

"Yes, that's correct, Kasper." Then I realised something. "What are you guys doing here? Did you get separated from everyone like me and your mama and Uncle Miguel? How did find me? And did you find my bag of bottles full of white stuff and Maui's fishhook?"

Then the kids started to explain everything to me by saying that since I, Anna and Miguel got separated from everyone, they had been living on Miguel's Island for three months and had been doing nothing but harvesting food and water for survival because they still couldn't go back to their homes as the monster army of Miguel's divine family were still out there. They tried to find information on how to save Miguel and stop his family, but they haven't found so much a shred of it. Then they found Nicla and the stuff that she had found during her voyages, including information and magical items that could stop Miguel's divine family. Then two teams went off on separate voyages to help save the world. One was led by Elsa to go off to find this place called Yologana and the other was led by Moana to find Miguel himself. Since then, the kids decided to sail away from the island to see if a third team was needed.