Chapter 19: Meeting Him Again

Instead of going to my room to rest, I decided to go to the garden of the palace to somewhat stay and feel the coolness of the breeze for a while but I did not expect the person who I saw in there. Seeing the 'person' there makes me feel nostalgic. My brain is telling me to leave him there but my heart says otherwise. I guess... Just this time... I have to listen to my heart. It would do me good or not... This would be the last time I'd do this. Just for once, I'll let my stubborness take over me today.

"It's been a long time since the last time we talked, Thranduil. I wonder how do you do."  I asked him as I went near him and to break the silence.

He did not answer me for a while. He did not even look at me. I guess he is that mad. With that thought, I just smiled bitterly.

"What are you doing here?  I sure know that  I hate your presence."  He said and about to leave when I answered him.

"Yes, I know. I know how you hate me and how you want to curse me everytime  you see me. I know all that but I just want you to know that , that would not stop me from talking to you-- from going near you. I am still your wife after all. "  I said and heaved a sigh.

" Would you at least let me talk freely like you don't hate me... Just this time. We don't know how time goes, you know. Who knows this would be the last time that I will talk to you. Who knows ... just after this conversation I will agree to the things that you wanted me to do. There are many possibilities that things will happen after this conversation between us."  I said without looking at him. I am afraid I might break down if I look at him. He didn't say anything when I said those words.

" I hope you are in good condition, my dear husband..." I said and went near him to touch his cheeks... For the last time, I guess. I don't know if I still have chance to hold him like this in the future. I smiled at him when I touch him but my smile doesn't reach my eyes. I'm hurting... Big time.

I held the necklace I asked a jeweler to make, years before, just after my child died and went away from him, and put it in his hands.

"This necklace reminds me of our dead child..."  I said and looked at the necklace in his hand.

"...He has your eyes... Your hair... Almost everything. Do you know what I love about him? It his eyes. I love looking at his ocean blue eyes... Just like this sapphire in this necklace and of course, your eyes. I miss you and him every day but what can I do right? Whatever and however I explain to you, you would not believe me." I said. He remained silent while he is looking away from me.

" If you think I came here to explain and convince you to believe in me, the answer to that is no. I will not do that. I will not push you to believe in me. I don't even know you are here, actually.  Whatever the thing that you thought I did, just believe it  if that's what you want.  It's just that...  I am hoping for your forgiveness. I am not telling you to forgive me now. When you think you are ready to forgive me, then please do so. By that time, I would be glad... Please be happy,Thranduil. My friend, my love... My husband. I'm sorry I always run away from you and sorry for hurting you Everytime.  I promise, I will not talk to you, next time when we meet. This is the last of eveything, I promise." I said in almost a whisper. I am trying so hard not to cry.

Just after I said those words to him, I put my hands down and decided to leave him there. I guess, that's the end between the two of us. I know he wants me to annul our marriage now. Even if I want to, it's not the time yet. If I have to break our marriage, I have to die. For him, I will try to complete my mission as soon as possible for him to be free. It is the least thing I can do for him.

************************************************************

How's that everyone! I hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you everyone of you who are  for reading this story. Thank you for adding it to your reading lists.... 😄😄😄

God Bless Everyone!!