Chapter 6: Following my Heart

Jannidriel’s POV

It’s been week when Thranduil and his mistress went out of Rivendell and it’s been weeks also that I am thinking about Thranduil and his son. I wonder if they will be okay or whatsoever. I stood up and saw the things that I had already prepared just a week ago. I picked it up and put it in my shoulders and went out of the room to look for Elrond for me to bade goodbye.

“Where would you go?” Elrond asked as I closed the door of my room. I looked at him surprised.

“Oh, you are here. I thought of looking for you to say goodbye before I leave.” I answered him instead.

“To where will you going?” he asked again. I smiled at him as my answer now.

“Follow my heart.” I said which looked at me and chuckle.

“Are you going to go back to Mirkwood? I don’t think he’ll take you back.” He said while chuckling which made me smirked.

“No… I will not go back to that place… yet! I will follow my son, Elrond. I keep on thinking about him.” I said and began to walk away from him.

He didn’t say anything when I walked away from him without saying my proper goodbye. I know in his mind he is saying that I am such a naughty person for not forgetting these two persons who I loved. I understand him if he thinks about me as such because I really am. Until the day that I will forget to breath, I will always think and love them.

I followed the path going to Mordor and choose to go to Moira than walking to the Icy caps of the other way. It is night time when I get to go to the tomb of Balin which is Gloin’s nephew. I was about to get in to the tomb because it is open. I sealed this tomb ever since the last time.

I went inside and got shocked of what I saw. Gandalf is fighting the Balrog while the fellowship is at the back. I went close to them and tapped Gandalf’s shoulder.

“Go… I’ll take care of that.” I said through my mind which I know he heard.

“No, My Lady you take them there. They will be safe if you are with them.” He said while still fighting the Balrog. I just helped him to get rid of the creature. As we thought that everything is settled we began to walk away now when he screamed which made me look at him and it is late when I saw him holding the edge of where the Balrog went down a while ago.

“Fly you fools”- He screamed and I saw with my two eyes how he went down with the Balrog. I got dumbfounded for a moment but went back to my senses when I saw Aragorn holding Legolas while Legolas on the other side is holding the dagger that I gave him in his two hands. I think he wants to kill me now because of what happened to Gandalf. I sighed and look at the people around us.

“People please leave me and Legolas for a while. Wait for us outside if you may.” I said which they followed. I am watching them going out of the tomb.

“Is that why you came here, to kill us all?” Angry tone is visible in his voice. I just stood there watching him bursting his anger.

“No. I came because I know that this will happen. I never expected that he will be stubborn. I’m sorry.” I answered. He just gave me a death glare and went out. I still heard him tell the rest of them that they have to go now. I just stood there for a while and cried silently as I heard their footsteps that are walking away from the place I am in.

I guided them silently. I never let them saw me because I want this journey to be successful on getting their goal. They are walking and I am afar from them when I felt that some guards are coming. I searched for the person who is in charge of the roaming when I saw Haldir’s colleagues pointing arrows to them and that’s when the time that I interfered.

“It’s alright. They’re with me.” I said as I went near them.

To Be Continued....