Chapter 10: Missing Her

Legolas' POV

I didn't say anything when she said that she wanted only my safety. I wanted to return her hug but thinking what she did to my brother stopped me from doing so. I missed her but I cannot show her that because I know she's just looking for my weakness. To all people, she's the only one who knows me well and showing her that I am a change person would somehow help from not using me to her plans.

"I know you miss your mother, Legolas.  Why are you restraining yourself?" Aragorn asked when Nana was out of sight.

"Aye! I think she really misses you, lad." Gimli added.

"You do not know anything." I coldly said and sat on a log.

"What are the things that we do not know, Legolas? Is it the one where people said that she killed your brother, her own son?" Aragorn said while standing in front of me.

"Legolas... If she really did that, then why wait to have a child then kill it?  She had you to be killed but why your brother?" Gimli added which made look at them.

"Because I don't have the blood of high elves and my brother has. What she needs is  the blood of a child with the blood of the high elves." I answered. Aragorn and Gimli looked at each other and laughed.

"Don't you trust your mother? She cannot do such things, Legolas. I don't think she did it. Why stabbed herself after killing her own child? Those people who have such mind will most likely don't mind about the wasted life. You know, if I will be your mother who killed my own son,  I will kill the father too because I already had what I wanted and what I wanted is to be the most powerful person, right?  The father will become one of my obstacle someday why leave it breathing?" Aragorn said while chuckling.

"She wanted to watch us suffer----" I was cut by Gimli.

"Hey...  Enough with your lame excuses, elf! You've been blind!" Gimli said suddenly.

"He's right, Legolas. Can't you see in your mother's eyes that she's hurting as she watches you like that. She wouldn't feel such thing If she did the things you said that she did." Aragorn said. I just gave them a sad smile and went away from them. I need to think about what they said.

I indeed saw the pain in her eyes when I didn't hug her back a while ago and I also heard her cry when I left inside  the tomb. If it's not because of my real mother, I would like to believe her that she didn't do the things that my real mother and father are saying.

"Valars, great Eru, please help me know the truth. Please show what is right and what is wrong." I prayed silently.

We stayed there for two days since Boromir has been unconscious for two days. We also received a news from Nana saying she found the hobbits and the orcs are taking the hobbits to Isengard. She used a bird to send us the news.

"They are taking the hobbits to Isengard. I think we need to leave." I said while I am folding the paper to a small size and put it in the flame.

"Hope you are in good condition now, Boromir." Aragorn said while passing the soup that he made to Boromir. The man just nods and get the soup.

"You still got your mother's trust, Legolas even though you don't care about her. You are blessed enough to have a mother like her." Boromir said suddenly which made the two remaining people here look at him. The two then looked at me and smiled from ear to ear like they are telling me I told you so.  I just sighed because I don't know what to say and I don't know what to follow.