Chapter 4: The Council of Elrond

Jannidriel’s POV

The ring bearer is here now. The one we have been waiting for. Having the ring here in this secured land is one achievement for us. It is good for Middle-earth but not for me. Having this ring means leaders will be coming here for a meeting about on how to get rid of the ring. I will meet Thranduil again. I can still remember the day that I was forced to leave Mirkwood.

Flashback….

Smoke is all I can see… the foul smell of blood can be smelled in the air. Flame is everywhere… bodies of maids and guards too. But what broke my heart to pieces is the dead child in front of me.
This child… my pride… my son… and the only hope I have for Thranduil to accept me fully as his wife. Thousands of years had passed when he started to trust me but I know that he did not trust me fully. He is showing me his love but not as strong as he feels to that of Eluriel. I only had hope when this child came… but… now… I just don’t know.
I knelt on the ground as I picked my dead child from it. My tears are falling but I cannot hear any sob came from me. I feel like my heart stopped beating. I slowly picked the dagger that killed him. I looked at it for a long until I hear like someone is coming in my direction. By the way it walks I know that it is Thranduil. I looked at him and my son until I decided to stab myself. As I close my eyes I can see anger in his. I know that he despise now… again.
I thought I was dead but so much of my dismay, I am not. I looked at the room where I am. I know this is our room. I can feel the pain from the spot where I stabbed myself. I turned my sight when I saw Thranduil looking at me coldly.
“You told me before… that Eluriel wants to kill my son—Legolas but it turned out to be false. Why did you kill our son? Is it because he has the blood of the high elves? Tell me!” He yelled at me which made me cry. I just cried silently and didn’t answer. After a moment he began to drag me out of the room and pulling me to the dungeons.
“Choose! Tell me what I need to know or I’ll let these Orc Filths to feast on you.”
I just look at him and cried silently. He asked the guard to give him the key for him to open the dungeon to maybe put me there because I am not talking. He was about to put me inside when I began to talk.
“Don’t force me to talk about things I do not know. If there’s anyone who knows me well, that is you Thranduil. Now, if you think I killed our son for me to have an absolute power like Sauron have then I will let you believe in it because that’s what I am to you… but you don’t have to give me to orcs for them to feast on me. If you really believe I did that, then… I want you to be the one who will chop me into pieces. Feed me to some animals after you kill me. At least I am not looking at my own husband taking the side of the devils.” I said and he just gave me a slap. I looked at him with sad smile on my face.
“You are not the Elf I used to love before, Thranduil. You are not him…” I said and stood up and walked away from the place. I walked straight to the gate. I looked at the place before I turned my back. I went away from the palace and I know that the poison from the dagger that I used to stab myself is still in my system. He really despises me, huh? He must at least heal me.
End of Flashback….

I wiped the tears that I flowed on my cheek. Maybe he thinks that I am dead by now. What can I do if that’s what he wanted to believe in. He may hate me but  I  only have love for him. I am dying and I know that if he will know about this, he’ll definitely feel happy. I wanted to give it to him but this is not the time. At least it’s not yet time.

By the time the hobbit is awake, the leaders came just the same. This afternoon is the time for the meeting that I wish not to attend to but I have to. I already saw Lord Gilgalad from the north and my stepson, Legolas. I guess… this day would be the most difficult one from the days that I have ever since I came here.
Everyone gathered in the council when Elrond came in my room and told me that they are all here. I sighed heavily because I do not want to meet the look of the two people who I loved the most but think of me as a murderer. I am afraid but I have to face this before it is too late.

People gasped when I sat on the chair near Elrond. I looked at the hobbit and smiled at him which telling him to put the ring in the stone Table at the center. He obediently did so. I let Elrond talk. I just sit there quietly and observing every people in the place. After Elrond talking about the ring and how to get rid of it, one of them--- someone who I believed to be Boromir stood up and telling us that his father has been guarding Minas Tirith for a long time which made the lands of all Middle-earth safe and that instead of destroying the ring, we have to use it against Sauron which made me look at him intently. He was about to step and hold the ring when I stood up and yell at him.

“What the hell do you think you are going to do? Are you trying to call the army of orcs over here? Step away from the ring!”

“What does holding the ring have to do with calling an army of orcs?” He curiously asked. Tsss… such a dimwit.

“What about this, you don’t know anything so have to follow everything that I will say. Do you still want to live?” I asked and he nods as an answer.

“Then good. Follow everything that I will say and you will live.” I said and sit again. I can feel stares from Thranduil and Legolas which if it can kill, I am already dead. I just let them. The meeting goes on until they decided to look for someone who will take it to Mount Doom. Everything went in chaos until the young hobbit said he will do it and so they created the fellowship where it consist of: Legolas, Boromir, Gimli, Aragorn, Frodo’s gardener, Samwise Gamgee, Frodo’s two naughty cousins, Frodo himself, and Gandalf as their guide. As soon as the decision has been done, I stood up from my seat and exited quietly. No one even noticed that I did so which I am thankful to. I went straight to my room and lay down.

I held the place where I stabbed myself. I held my shirt up and look at my wound. It has thin line which looks like veins around it. It is the poison. It is spreading slowly. No one knows about it but me. Not Elrond and not Galadriel nor her husband who are close to me. I just don’t have the heart to tell them. I have to do my task well without someone thinking about me.