Chapter 1: Midde-earth After 60 Years

Third Person’s POV

60 years had  passed ever since the Elves and the Dwarves has defeated the yet growing number of Sauron’s men in the Misty Mountains and it’s also been 60 years since woods of the Mirkwood became cold and silent. Other than that, on that very day of the year, one of the well-known hero of Hobbiton, Bilbo Baggins  are having his 120st birthday. All the hobbits in the Shire are busy preparing his party which they will be having during the nighttime. Bilbo on the other hand are sitting on his chair and reminiscing the time that when he was with the company of his dwarf friend , Thorin Oakenshield, the king of the Misty Mountain. He decided that after  the party that, he will be having another journey while he still can.

In the forest near the Shire, Frodo Baggins, Bilbo’s nephew are patiently waiting for the Brown Wizard, Gandalf while he is reading a book that he took with him when he went out. Just after he heard that there’s horses
approaching and it seems like there’s someone humming that is coming near him. When he heard it, he went near the road and wait for it to come near him. When it did, the smile on his face became wide as he saw the one he is waiting for a long time. He missed the wizard so much that he wanted it to be the first one to see the wizard when he comes to visit their place.

On the other hand, Bilbo is in his house sitting on his chair with the things that he had when he went on his last journey on the table with his pen and notes. He is writing down his experiences when he went with the journey of his dear dwarf friend which is now the king of the Misty Mountains.  He got surprised when someone knocked on his door.

“I don’t take visitors….” He began to shout for the person outside to hear. He even stood from his seat to see if the person who knocked on his door went away through his window.

“Bilbo, it’s me.” He heard a voice that is so familiar to his ear. To his excitement, he opened his door and gave the person a warm and welcoming smile before he let the man inside his house. It’s been years since Gandalf the Gray went to Bag-ends to visit him. The two enjoy making stories.

During the night, the party that the hobbits of Shire prepared for Bilbo starts. Everyone are joyous and enjoying the party. Bilbo are having stories with the children, Frodo and his gardener, Samwise Gamgee are having fun just the same with the other  hobbits that are there,  and Gandalf is busy lighting up the fireworks.

Bilbo went to his house when he felt like he is tired. He prepared his things and little did he know that Gandalf saw him and followed him in his house.

“You have to give “it” back, Bilbo. You have been holding it for a long time now.” The wizard told Bilbo. Instead of giving it, he got angry at the wizard telling him that it is his “precious” which reminded the wizard about Gollum who first had the ring.

“I heard someone who said those words… I never thought that I would hear those words from you.” Gandalf said which made Bilbo look at him.

“It is your fault. You want the ring for yourself.” Bilbo said and kept the ring inside his trousers.

“I’m not trying to rob you. I’m trying to help you.” He told him. Because of the wizards power the old hobbit got frightened and do nothing but hug the wizard. In the end, he surrendered the ring to the wizard and went on his way to Imlandris to see his elven friend, Lord Elrond of Rivendell along with three other dwarves.

To Be Continued