Chapter 11: Meeting Someone We Know

Legolas' POV

We followed the path that Nana has wrote in the paper she sent to us saying that she found the hobbits and is following them secretly. I see that she left the evidences behind for us to know if what she's saying are true or not.  We have been walking for three days now so we decided to rest for a while into an old and torn looking forest. 

"What happened here?" Boromir said while looking around and sat on a big stone when he found one.

"This is an old forest. This is one if the evidence that Middle-earth is indeed falling." I said while holding an old tree.

"You know, I always wondered how elves do things like that. Like,you know?  Know everything about something just by holding something." Boromir said again. I myself are aware that elves do love nature most especially the trees, soil, and stones and rocks. I am also aware that we love stars too because it symbolizes the memories that will follow every elf but the thing that I do not know is that, how do I do that? How can I know that one thing is related to someone or something and somehow I can view the past of an object just by holding it.

"Well,  that's what's unique with our elf friend." Aragorn said while laughing. Gimli laughed with him.

"Well,  I guess why.  I think it's a gift from your mother. I heard your mother knows the future." Boromir said again which made me look at him. Is it really a gift from her?

"I know also that she knows that this will happen even those things that happened back in Moira that's why she came to us like that." Gimli said. He's now sitting on a stone near Boromir while eating the bread that he had on his pack. We are having a conversation about this and that when I sense that someone is coming and it is coming towards us.

We ready ourselves for the possible ambush. Everything is in place and I already point and shot an arrow to that person who has a very bright light but it always dodge it everytime I shoot. We just stopped attacking when he heard a voice from someone we know.  It is Gandalf but it looks like he's not.

"Gandalf?" Aragorn said when we clearly see him.

"How did you come here? We thought you are gone?" He continued. Gandalf just looked at our surprised faces and laughed.

"The Valars has brought me back. Thanks to Legolas' mother." He said while chuckling. How did Nana have something to do with this?

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"Remember that your mother is the person the Valars are guiding to help Middle-earth fight Sauron's forces and avoid it to fall. She has all the favors of the gods. She asked them to brought me back to help her." He said. He stepped near me and then held me in my shoulders.

"You are very lucky to have her as your mother. No one can be as kind as her and as patient as her. I know you are looking for the truth. Open up your eyes, son... You will surely see what you are looking for." He said and then gave me a smile. I nod as an answer to him.

"By tomorrow, we have to follow the hobbits and Lady Jannidriel to Mount Doom for assistance." He said as the atmosphere on where we are was changed.

That night became peaceful so far. Aragorn and the others take their usual rest while I roam the old forest myself.