Chapter 12: Troubled Mind

Legolas' POV

I am sitting quietly on one of the old oak tree in the forest we are in right now and thinking if whose side would I be. I love my father... I would never hate him. Also, I learned to love my birth mother. The thing that I am troubled right now is that, would I hate my stepmother? She take good care of me for how many years. She taught me things which would help other people. She never taught me to hate or whatsoever when I was young.

"I know what you are thinking, young one. I think it's better to show her your love because when the time comes when she leaves this world for good, it will be too late. There are some things that we cannot understand but sometimes trusting our instinct is the best way to do. " Gandalf said suddenly which made me startled. I look at him with puzzled look.

"Trust your instincts,young one. It's not because your father told you that your stepmother killed your birth mother doesn't mean that you have to follow him. Do what you think is right." He continued.

"I want the truth. My stepmother don't even talk about it." I blurted when I found my voice.

"that is because she don't want you to think to much. You're to young to think of so many problems. " He said and tapped my back and then went away again. I always have troubled mind when it comes to my family.

When the dawn came, we prepared to walk going to Mt. Doom to meet with my stepmother. While going there, we went to one of human kingdom. Gandalf said that he knows it's king and that we are going to ask for their assistance. As we enter the court, a black aura meet us at the door. Some guards are already ready to take us down anytime. We knocked them all when they tried to attacked us.

I look at the man that was on the throne. He looks more like he's dead to me. His skin is very pale like that of corpse and the same with the eye. I look at the man emotionlessly. I was about to go near Aragorn which was just near the man he just knocked down when my eyes darted to the man near him which I believe his advisor.

The man's more worst than the old man. He looks much like Smeagol. I look at them disgustingly and remained where I am standing. Gandalf began to talk to the man but I am more surprised of what the man had said.

"Gandalf the Gray... You have no power here." He said in a voice like he is dying. I heard the man beside him said something when Gandalf was talking to the human king.

The statement made Gandalf speechless for a second. When he recovered from what he heard, he starts to pace near the human king. Me and the others are just watching Gandalf doing his thing. The man beside him of which I heard Gandalf called as Grima Wormtongue, stood from his sit and tried to stop the old wizard to get near the king but Gandalf just whip him hard with his staff which lead the ugly man to lie on the ground.

TBC...

Hello, everyone!!!!