1: 1: Waking Up

Obito's eyes fluttered open.

Once he did, he almost immediately shut them again. The brightness was too much.

...is he in heaven? Or a place in the after life.

The last thing he remembered was dying at the realm besides Naruto and Kakashi. They were the last people he's seen since he closed his eyes and drifted off. Although I did meet Rin again.

The first thing he did once he sat up was check his body. He already opened his eyes and forced them to get used to the brightness.

He noticed that his right arm was still the hashirama cells. He sighed. He kind of hoped he would revert back in the after life to how he was before.

He ran his left hand through his hair and noticed that they were as spiky as before, judging from the slightly sharp edges of where his hand was going through.

He shook his head and looked down at his body.

He saw that he was wearing a black... shirt? It might be a cloak. He felt his face and, yes, it still had the rough edges.

Is this how the after life is like? Then where is Rin? She said she'd wait for me...

He seemed to already despise it slightly. But he was knocked out of his stupor at the sounds of voices.

He looked around and activated his sharingan, only to notice that they were coming from on top of the trees surrounding him.

He decided to move.

He ran to the side, behind a larger tree trunk and used the cloak's hood to cover his head.

He still didn't know if his hair was white, or black like before. But he was sure he looked like a crook right now.

He looked behind the tree and saw ninjas jumping down and onto the clearing. They looked around.

There were two of them. And they were... familiar.

Obito's eyes widened in realization as he continued to stare at the duo that approached.

"Fugaku, did you hear that?" a blonde man started, looking back at his companion. Minato-sensei?

"I did." a brown-haired man this time answered. Fugaku Uchiha. The Uchiha clan head.

Obito put a hand to his mouth in complete shock. But then again, if he was in the after life, he would see other dead people too.

...but isn't Minato still in the world with Naruto? The battle probably hasn't ended yet.

But Obito didn't attempt to step out and test that theory. Instead he felt his cloak and felt something hard inside.

He looked inside and found a mask. My orange mask?

He grabbed it despite the awful memories he had with it and put it onto his crooked face with the help of the black band that was behind it.

He found it uncomfortable since he could see in his other eye now. But that was fine.

He peeked back at the duo at the front but they were already gone.

Obito gained goosebumps.

Then, he turned around quickly and
was now face-to-face with his Minato- sensei.

The blonde man already had a kunai drawn and already aimed it at his neck. Sensei had always been merciless with his enemies.

But Obito was faster than that and activated his Sharingan. Although instead of just going through the attack, he permeated down through the grass and soil.