24: Hospital Talk

Obito jolted awake again and the first thing he saw was a blur of yellow.

"Obito! You're finally awake," Minato, their sensei, said brightly with a worried and similarly bright smile on his face.

"Minato...sensei?" he asked, and he was surprised at how rusty his voice sounded. As if I hadn't used it in years.

"Yes, yes, it's me. Now," the blonde glanced  at the curtain on the right side of Obito.

Obito turned to look there and that as when he noticed that he was in the Konoha hospital.

His brows lifted at the realization. He sat up, "Rin, Kakashi–where are they!?" he asked in a panic, his voice raising in volume.

Minato put a finger to his lips, "Shh, he's still resting."

Obito's tense muscles started to calm down at the claim. Their sensei never lied to them.

He laid back down, his eye brows returning to their posts on their own. He put his hands on the blanket that was currently covering his stomach.

"Alright. Fine. But... Where is he now? And Rin?" Obito asked again in worry but Minato only chuckled.

"Rin's okay, Obito." Minato reassured. "And Kakashi... Well, why don't you see for yourself?"

The blonde stood up from a chair that Obito had just noticed and he started to walk towards the curtain on the same side Obito had glanced upon earlier.

Minato gave him a soft smile, putting his hand on the top of the curtain, before pulling it to the side.

On the other side, was a similar bed to Obito's, but laid Kakashi, his right eye now useless as it was bandaged.

Obito frowned at the sight of his destroyed vision but was glad nonetheless that Kakashi was okay.

He turned back to Minato, opened his mouth to say something, but shut it again. If Tobi had helped them, then they... Then he, didn't need to snitch. Even if it was their sensei.

Minato hummed, "Hm? Were you about to say something, Obito?" the blonde gave him a raised brow.

Obito shook his head calmly, slowly, smiling a small smile that tugged up his lips at the thought of Rin visiting him soon. "It's nothing, sensei." he answered finally.

Minato paused, analysing the answer and his expression, before nodding and smiling, sitting back down.

Suddenly, a knock was heard.

"Come in." Minato said, loud enough for the other person outside to hear.

After a few shuffling of footsteps sounded from behind the door, it finally opened to reveal Rin... With Kushina behind her, the Uzumaki carrying a basket, slung onto the middle of her arm.

She smiled wide upon seeing Obito awake. "Obito! You're awake!" she exclaimed loudly, only for Minato to shush her as well, seeing as Kakashi was still unconscious. Rin giggled at that before approaching Obito, who was still laying down.

"Obito... I'm glad you're awake." the Nohara said with obvious relief, smiling at him with a small frown evident on her furrowed brows.

Obito smiled, chuckling. "Yeah." before glancing back at Kakashi's sleeping form. Their sensei and Kushina were holding a conversation in the background.

"Anyway... Rin. Is Kakashi's eye still working? You know... From the slash." Obito asked. Rin looked down, and shook her head.

"I'm afraid not. The med-nins, knowing I'm one of his teammates and a med-nin in training, told me so." she said, honesty all in her tone.

Obito stared at Kakashi again,  disappointed. "So he'll have only one eye now..." he muttered under his breath.

After a few minutes of silence between him and Rin, he broke it by sighing.

"Alright. Rin, can you transplant my... My eye, to Kakashi?" the Uchiha asked, thinking of a probability if he did so.

Rin gaped, mouth open in surprise. "B- but Obito, you only just activated your Sharingan. Are you sure you want to give it to him? And he might not be able to control it, too, so..."

"Obito, are you sure?" Minato asked suddenly, joining thwir conversation.

Obito was surprised that Minato had been listening, but he nodded anyway.

"One eye for me is enough, with the Sharingan. Kakashi needs it more than me." he said, fire and determination in his tone.

Kushina heard it too. "But Obito, you know you won't be accepted in your clan if you give it to a non-Uchiha." the Uzumaki said in worry.

Obito sat up, his muscles tired but still as useful. "It's alright." and that was it.

Minato, Rin and Kushina all stared at him for a minute more, before Minato firmly thinned his lips and nodded.

"Alright. But, we need more than Rin for a transplant like that." the blonde continued, glancing at Kushina who was smiling sweetly at him in agreement. He nodded, "And it can happen now, of you want, while Kakashi is still unconscious."

Obito smiled at his sensei in approvement. "Yeah! Now should be the time." he said confidently.

Rin smiled at him after a while as Minato went to fetch the med-nin to do the transplant for them.

Rin held his hand in hers as he tried to sleep again for the surgery.

Just you wait, Idiot Kakashi... This will be my gift to you for your Jonin promotion.

He smiled and finally, drifted back to sleep.

I hope you'll accept it.

-----

Many Zetsus patrolled the area of the crash of rocks and boulders but saw no Uchiha boy like Madara had planned.

The only thing they saw, however, was a corpse of a Hidden Stone Ninja, a kunai deeply lodged into his forehead.

"Why is there no Uchiha boy here?" one asked.

"I don't know." the other one replied.

The Zetsus all sighed disappointedly. "Who's going to tell Madara?"