27: Realization

"You have the Sharingan."

Kakashi was speechless as soon as the boy had started the sentence. That important short phrase. "Obito... Why don't you open your eye first?" Kakashi suggested, staring at Obito with hope that the Sharingan was, in fact, not given to him. The selfish Kakashi Hatake, of all people.

Obito smiled softly at the Hatake, closing his only eye left. "It's with you, Kakashi. You can open it for me." he said that lowly, staring fondly at Kakashi.

Kakashi frowned. "But... why?" he asked the Uchiha, voice almost broken. "After all I've done to you..."

Obito lost his smile, bringing the edges down, and shrugged. He looked away from the Hatake, making the pillow shuffle from his head movement alone.

"You're my friend, Kakashi." he smiled again, using his right eye to catch a glimpse of Kakashi slowly closing his eyes from the Chakra exhaustion from the unconscious use of Obito's former Sharingan, which was now his to use.

Kakashi, without realizing, made his head hit the pillow. He slept soundly as soon as his hair made contact with the soft material.

Obito looked away again, and opted to fall asleep as well. Having one eye isn't as bad as I thought.

Plus, he thought with a proud, barely contained grin. "I'd give my friend anything I can offer."

-----

Obito was finally sure of what he was going to do. Even after his initial task of saving himself.

He was going to kill Madara and avoid even the situation where Rin was kidnapped and made a Jinchuriki.

It was the old man's fault. Madara Uchiha's fault. His fault that he turned to the dark side and had to die only telling someone to become Hokage, and not becoming Hokage himself.

It was fine, though. That he got to tell the kid that he indirectly killed the parents of to become something he, too, once dreamed of becoming.

But that was in the past.

His sole reason for killing Madara... Is to have his revenge.

Revenge isn't a good thing, he learned that from his painful experience, but currently that wasn't the case. In fact, he was doing everyone a favor, especially Konohagakure, who most of the damage went to.

It was Madara who persuaded him to do this, to do that, and in the end it turned out it was all his doing to turn him into his side without force.

He jumped from branch to branch, the already-memorized, usually dark path even easier to navigate in the wide daylight.

His path to that cave was clear. So clear, in fact, that he already memorized the layout of the trees near the entrance of the cave. He spent months inside there back then, wishing to somehow become a Shinobi again, but his dreams all crumbled into nothing but dust as soon as he saw Kakashi kill Rin. His hope then was diminished, and he was left with no shoulder to lean on.

His eyes became cold and distant, uncaring and unfriendly, if he wasn't who he pretended to be in the Akatsuki; Tobi.

Not long after he slowly drifted into his thoughts, he reached the familiar trees and land markings.

He squinted his eyes through his mask and jumped down.

He started to walk.

Towards the entrance of the cave.

-----

"Madara... We are sensing some trouble," a Zetsu inquired, peering through the corner of soil to look at their Uchiha leader.

Madara, with his spiky white hair, merely stayed still on his thrine of bones.

"Mada-" Madara gave the Zetsu a side-glare and that was that. The white creature silenced itself and phased back through the soil, melding itself within it once again.

Madara seemed to only tighten his hands' grip on the arm-rests of his hard, very uncomfortable throne.

His boney fingers seemed to shake at the force his body was no longer used to showing.

It was as if he no longer needed someone to alert him of the danger. It was as if he was already aware.

He didn't make a move. He just sat there, as stiff as someone who knows their doom is.

He felt that Chakra presence, too. It was burning through his skin, giving him barely detectable goosebumps. The blazing of the Uchiha's curse.

At this point it wouldn't even be reasonable to run, or hide. If it was the Uchiha's curse of Hatred... Then he would stand no chance. Even if he has the Zetsus with him, it's obviously different from when he alone was still in power of both his Sharingan and the amount of Chakra he had before he was almost killed.

The dark Chakra was coming closer and closer, as if whoever wielded it knew exactly where they should go like the back of their hand.

He simply shut his eyes as he awaited the inevitable that was to come.

The Zetsus were all silent, also in anticipation of what Madara was expecting to come.

His withered heart didn't beat any faster, despite knowing his end was near.