21: The Major Save

Obito jumped down the tree he was on but continued to hide.

He watched from the shadows as his younger self and Kakashi untied Rin's binds, with Rin thanking them for saving her.

Obito activated his Sharingan just so he can see what they were doing clearer, and after a few minutes of talking amongst themselves the fallen Ninja stood up and suddenly started attacking again.

Kakashi fell down on his back as the enemy nin jumped back towards the entrance, and smiled.

-----

Obito quickly untied the rope that was tying Rin in place with Kakashi helping out.

Once Rin was free she almost immediately thanked the both of them.

"It's alright, Rin. There was no way we'd leave without you." Obito said with sincerety.

Rin gave him a small smile after that but the small peace was broken when the enemy Ninja stood up, ran towards and attacked Kakashi, making the Hatake fall on his back with yet another grunt.

Obito activated his Sharingan again after seeing the man up and ready to go, just before he jumped back in front of the entrance, and smiled with intent.

"Let's see if you brats can live through this!" he shouted before making fast hand signs.

Obito could see the hand signs because of his Sharingan despite the speed, but the downfall is that he didn't recognize the seals.

He wanted to attack but without the knowledge of what those seals can do, he couldn't.

But before the enemy nin was even able to finish the Jutsu another figure just suddenly bolted in.

The enemy nin was caught off-guard just before dodging a kunai from the black figure.

The Ninja jumped back again but now that close to Obito and the other two.

The Ninja gave the figure a glare, before side-glancing the three Konoha nins with a scoff.

"So you've brought back-up."

-----

Obito took a deep breath, before running head-first into the small structure, weapon in hand and Sharingan activated.

His mask did little to hide the red glow of his Doujutsu, but that didn't matter right now.

He ran in just before the Ninja completed his hand signs to collapse the structure like before, and swung his kunai.

The Ninja saw him just in time however, as he jumped away from it.

The enemy Ninja gave him a glare as he glanced at the other three in the side.

He scoffed, "So you've brought back-up."

His younger self didn't answer as he only brought his Sharingan eyes up to the black hooded figure, only to deactivate them again due to Chakra exhaustion as he blinked his eyes.

The enemy Ninja held the same position as he did when he was about to collapse the place, but he couldn't do the Jutsu now as he wasn't near the entrance.

Obi–Tobi, knew that this wasn't a suicide mission, so this Ninja that they were fighting won't be risking his life over a bunch of Konoha children.

Tobi straightened his back as he looked down at the shorter Ninjas in the corner, all glaring at both him and the enemy Ninja.

But the small staring contest between them all didn't last long as the enemy Ninja yet again runs towards him, drawing both his long blades again.

Tobi knew this trick up his sleeves already so he simply just dodged, side-stepping to the side.

But as the Ninja lost his smile over getting side-stepped, Tobi lifted his left arm, and grabbed the man's throat roughly.

The man's eyes widened in surprise as he barely just glanced at Tobi's shining Sharingan before getting pulled down by his neck roughly, making his head hit the ground with a loud 'crack'.

The enemy Ninja dropped his blades.

But despite the loud killing sound the Ninja didn't seem to give up, even after looking directly into both of Tobi's Sharingan.

The nin laughed, but it now sounded more like a wheeze. "Ha... So you think... You win... Now?"

The Ninja's voice got strained more and more after Tobi tightened his grip around his throat.

"...if you do... Then you've been mistaken!" the Ninja brought both his palms to the ground hard as the ground suddenly started to shake.

Tobi cursed himself for falling into the trap as he swiftly turned his kunai around and stabbed the man directly in the middle of his forehead.

Blood gushed out of the new wound as his last expression was that of surprise.

But Tobi didn't care as he jumped up from his crouching position and ran towards the three smaller Ninjas in full speed.

-----

Obito watched with his Sharingan activated as the figure clad in all black  tried to attack the Ninja.

He also tried to look at the figure's face but at the same time his Chakra lowered and his Sharingan started to blink out.

He shook his head and blinked his eyes as finally, he deactivated his Sharingan. He never thought that the Sharingan would drain him so much.

He shook his head again after rubbing his eyes before looking up and towards the figure and the enemy Ninja's way.

They were both facing each other, but only the enemy nin's glare could be registered as the figure's face was obscured by dark shadows because of the hood that hung over their head.

Suddenly the enemy nin ran forward with his blades out, ready to attack the figure with another creepy smile before the figure just stepped to the side, and grabbed his neck all in one motion.

The enemy Ninja looked genuinely surprised before the black figure brought his hand down with the Ninja's neck, making a sickening crunch-like sound from the force of the push on the nin's head.

The figure was now standing on only one knee and now Obito could clearly see a white mask poking out of the clear, shadow-less spot on the inside of the hood.

He also saw a red flash from the supposed eye holes of the mask but what took his attention was the enemy Ninja, doing seals with the same hand signs as before while talking hoarsely from the tightening hand on his throat.

After he spoke he then planted both his palms on the ground which almost immediately made the ground shake as debris fell from the ceiling.

Obito was then distracted by Rin helping Kakashi up but he knew he saw the figure stick a kunai in the enemy Ninja's forehead, making blood spurt everywhere.

But what shocked him the most was after that, the figure ran towards them.

Obito started to panic but he composed himself and drew his kunai, just before--

"Boulder!"

Obito turned his head around when Rin yelled that while looking up with a horrified expression.

Obito was going to look up as well but before he could he suddenly felt as if he was being sucked harshly by air.

He didn't know why but the last thing he saw was a massive boulder falling towards them.