33: I Prosper Through You, After All

The war raged on, hard, but with Minato going to become the Hokage by then the other villages were up for a massive disadvantage.

The Hokage Hiruzen Sarutobi walked atop a tall stage-like stone surface that outlooked the villagers in front of the ninja council, the civilian council, the clan heads, and the remaining entirety of the village.

"Today, I will appoint the new Hokage of the Leaf." he said, going straight to the point.

Everyone in the village listened, as if they already knew it was bound to happen one day with the third Hokage getting old, which was today.

The villagers murmured to each other about it, as well as the Civilian Council, but everyone else stayed silent.

"The new, and Fourth Hokage, will be..."

A familiar blonde walked in front and stopped beside Hiruzen with a white cape with red fire at its ends.

He had a serious expression on but deep down everyone who knew him was sure he was as happy as he got together with Kushina.

"Minato Namikaze, the Yellow Flash of the Leaf." the Third Hokage finished as he handed his Hokage hat to Minato.

Minato accepted it with a 'Thank you,' and a bow as he put it on his head and faced the village with pride in his eyes.

Kakashi, Obito, and Rin watched from  afar with smiles of their own, though Kakashi's wasn't clear through his mask. The outline was the only indication that he was smiling.

"So that's what it's like to be announced Hokage... That's so cool! Getting the attention of all the villagers... And it's sensei, too!" Obito smiled wide, giving a toothy grin.

Kakashi didn't reply as Rin smiled and nodded at her companion.

She had been the one to escort the two boys from the hospital to here, since they weren't allowed to leave without guidance from another teammate or med-nin.

"I'm going to be like that one day... I can just imagine it right now,"

The Uchiha pulled a thinking pose as his dark eye sparkled with glee at the thought.

Kakashi sighed, and shook his head at the Uchiha boy's antics. It still annoyed him, but to an extent only by now.

Since that masked man has come into their lives, things has changed for the good.

Rin continued to encourage Obito with a pure smile and Kakashi continued to watch and listen as their sensei delivered a speech from his heart, still with that serious expression, mostly since it was about the war that Konoha had started.

Kakashi spared his other two teammates another glance, though with only his eye as he refused to move his head or neck.

Obito had his eyeball-less eye shut as a blush tinted his cheeks when Rin laughed at something he did.

The Uchiha's Sharingan was deactivated as only black could be seen from the earlier red with spinning tomoes that looked like commas.

Kakashi also had the eye Obito gave him shut, because by just opening it it drains his Chakra and he was still lacking enough rest to fully reload his Chakra.

His own pitch black eye scanned his teammates.

Hokage, huh...

He looked away from them, to the villagers and council members below.

He rested his elbows on the railing that was in front of them and rested his head on his hand.

It's an achievable dream for an Uchiha like Obito after all...

-----

Obito watched from the tallest tree's branch as Minato was crowned the Fourth Hokage after the Sarutobi's long service.

It really is soon, he thought to himself as he watched on. Soon enough his eyes trailed from Minato to his students on the opposite side of where the new Hokage was..

His past self was talking with Rin and Kakashi was staring at them both converse.

I really did change the past... Obito sighed, and closed his eyes. Then that means... My past self can still become Hokage.

At that thought he immediately brightened up.

"That's right!"

He laughed. Laughed genuinely after a long time of hardships.

"Damn..." he held onto his mask in case it was going to fall. I can still fulfill my dreams after all.

He breathed in, and out as he finished his laugh.

"Even if it's not really me, at least... I can still live the life I was never able to live myself."

He Kamui'd away to another dimension.

And I can watch myself fulfill my childhood dreams....

He smiled.

Being brought back isn't as bad as I thought it would be after all...