4: 43: The Village Hidden In The Rain

With his job in saving his team back in Konoha finished, it was now the Akatsuki that he had problems with.

By now, Nagato and Konan would be children, with Yahiko, who was Pain's body in his reality, also with them.

Obito used his mask again, but not before washing off the blood that was from the removal of his eye in the nearby river.

He was already in the outskirts of Konoha, and on his way to Amegakure, but he stopped his travel by Kamui to clean his face.

After that, he used his Kamui again and went to a dimension only to return to the reality in front of the Rain Village's gate.

The Rain Village is a poor one, but it has enough for the whole village itself to last. And because a war broke out, it was even poorer, even as the war cleared up days later.

He had a house here back then; he lived in the place as the 'Madara' Itachi and Pain referred to him as when he wasn't acting like the annoying Tobi to the Deidara.

Now that he thinks about it, he kinda missed pestering the 'art is an explosion' idiot, even if it was all just a ploy to join in their group with a reason. But he knew he shouldn't miss the Akatsuki, as he only used them to achieve the real Madara's goal.

But Madara's dead now anyway. He wouldn't serve much purpose anymore.

His gaze hardened as he almost went past a key detail.

Even if Madara's dead, Black Zetsu...

He shook his head. Black Zetsu would still be around to try and bring back its 'mother' and it would do anything just to achieve that goal.

But Obito wouldn't let that happen. Never again.

He continued to walk and surprisingly, there were no guards guarding the gate.

He Kamui'd anyway just in case and made his way inside and blended in easily with a henge.

The people were everywhere, and it seemed to just have rained as there were puddles in the ground everywhere.

He went his way towards the rocky side of the village where earthquakes usually occurred and the rain was heavier in search if the trio that he was looking for.

He let go of his henge and made himself known as he let out bits of his chakra in the area, just enough for anyone who had knowledge about chakra to sense.

He wasn't sure if at this stage, before the Akatsuki was even formed, that the three knew any better about chakra, but he should just test it out if ever. I never knew them on a personal level, and didn't bother to try back then.

After a while of walking, he came across a cave with a dim light resonating from inside of it.

Rain started to pour again, and right then did he learn why it was called the Village Hidden in the Rain.

He used his eye to scan the area around that cave just to be sure and made his way to, as quietly as he could, walk towards its entrance.

He was used to having only one eye as it was like that half of his life until he killed the Uchiha clan and stole their eyes to put them in his.

That was how he was able to use the Izanagi against Konan in that fight, and he left her there to die in the water.

He hated thinking about his past deeds. But he had to in order to get past the regret of that time.

He approached the cave entrance slowly as the rain started to get even heavier.

He was getting wet quickly and finally, he was in front of it.

"Hey." he called out almost quietly.

The three, familiar kids inside jumped at his arrival and an orange-haired one that had hair like Naruto stood up funnily and posed in what seemed to be a fighting stance.

"Wh-what do you want!?" he shouted, but the rain was louder than his voice.

Obito raised both his hands. "Calm down. I'm not here to-"

"H-hiya!" the boy ran towards him and punched his stomach with what seemed like all his might. Obito barely needed to resist as he just let the boy do his thing.

"Take that!" a small, non-painful kick to his leg. It felt like nothing at all.

He was taller than everyone in the room, as they were all just small children, so he was able to see beyond the orange-haired boy who is, he assumed, Pain's body, Yahiko.

Behind him were Konan- and Nagato. The two were hugging each other in fesr of what was to come of his arrival.

"D-don't worry, guys! I'll prote- ahh!" Obito cut off the boy as he grabbed him by the back of his shirt and lifted him up.

The three now had fear in their eyes but Obito didn't do anything that seemed threatening at all. The children just knew that they were out matched, despite their numbers.

Yahiko had an extremely fearful look on his face, which was earlier masked with false bravado. But he couldn't do it.

"P-please don't hurt him!" Konan, the girl, begged Obito as she and Nagato backed away in more fear.

Yahiko was silently begging him as well, but he was taking none of it as he brought the boy down and he almost immediately ran towards the other two and hugged them as well.

It turns out they were just enjoying pieces of bread before he appeared.

The three of them were crying now while begging Obito not to hurt them.

Obito could only sigh, as he walked back into the rain slightly. "Look, I'm sorry. I'm not here to cause harm, please believe me."

The three stared at him. "T-then take off your mask. Do it and then we'll t-tolerate you!" Yahiko was stuttering as he tried to re-apply his act of braveness.

Obito paused, but then did as they pleased.

He put a hand to his mask, and the three children stared in anticipation mixed with fear.

"Fine."