36: Problematic Rage Tendencies

Obito was already close to the destination.

It was not actually stated where they would be, as they would be moving for quite a while, but Obito had already traced their trail and this was the only place where they could have gone.

But before he jumped down, he heard multiple explosions go off in the distance.

He saw the explosion from where he was, so instead he just ran towards there.

Don't worry, Rin! I'll find you, and I'll help you!

Obito smiled to himself.

I know Kakashi would be here too. I just know it! With him here, we would be the perfect duo...

He touched his eye, before putting on a determined look.

I'm coming!

-----

"I want you to tell me the weakness of Konoha." the masked ninja said as he looked down at the Chunin, explosives going off as a way to threaten them.

The Chunin looked at Rin, and Rin was shaking her head, silently begging him to say 'no'.

The Chunin looked at the kunai in his hands.

"...or what?" he asked.

The masked ninja narrowed his eyes at him.

"Or you'll both die."

The Chunin started shaking. With fear, and exhaustion.

He tightened his grip on his kunai, and looked back at Rin.

His eyes held a kind of pain, like he was ready to...

Rin's eyes widened as she watched her temporary teammate dash towards the ninja behind her, judging from where his eyes were pointing.

Rin was going to dive out of the way of the kunai but just then her shoulders were grabbed roughly and towards the Mist ninja and her eyes widened when the same ninja pushed her towards her temporary teammate.

-----

Obito was there.

He was so close, he was already there!

He ran and ran and finally, finally he was just a few inches from seeing Rin!

He jumped out from the bushes, looked up, and his heart dropped.

His eye widened.

He could see a kunai deeply lodged into Rin's abdomen.

The girl coughed blood as the kunai was still in the same place but with blood gushing through its silver almost in gallons.

"Wh..." more blood spewed from her mouth. "Why...?"

The Chunin didn't have time to pull the kunai back before getting another kunai to the back of his neck by the masked ninjas.

Obito stared as the ninjas sighed about 'losing another chance'.

His eye suddenly started to hurt.

It felt hot.

...

He felt rage.

-----

Kakashi heard it. Loud and clear.

The explosions, setting off in the distance.

So, he opted to go there.

Kakashi was just about to jump to another branch before getting an unsettling heat in his Sharingan.

He groaned, and jumped down onto the grass, touching his eye.

He felt something wet when he touched his cheek.

It was hot; thicker that salt tears.

The heat grew momentarily before returning back to normal.

Was... Kakashi panted through his mask as he looked at his fingers, which he used to run his hand through his cheek. The wetness was, indeed, blood. Was that Chakra exhaustion...?

He closed his eye in case it was actually just Chakra exhaustion.

He wiped the blood off his face using his sleeve as he continued on his way.

But when he arrived it was a complete blood bath.

His eye widened as he saw a familiar figure hunched over another familiar figure.

He ran over swiftly.

-----

"Obito!"

Obito turned around and was now eye to eye with Kakashi, who still had his Sharingan eye closed.

"Ka... Kashi...?" he muttered almost brokenly.

"What happ... ened...." he trailed off when he saw Rin on the ground, a pool of blood under her body, looking pale and barely breathing.

The kunai was still stuck on her abdomen, which was bleeding rapidly.

The moon had risen all of a sudden, and the atmosphere was dark.

Obito was showing signs of crying... And there was a dried blood trail from his eyes on his face.

Kakashi, without wasting any time, bent down over Rin and pulled out the kunai.

It hasn't been that long since Rin still seemed to be alive and the blood pooling under her was still fresh.

But the fact that it hasn't been that long yet and it had already been a complete blood bath... It gave Kakashi the chills. It was the thought that Obito could do this all alone that sent on edge.

But he ignored it as Rin still means something in both their hearts as teammates.

He put pressure on the wound and ordered Obito to look for back-up in Konoha or somewhere.

But just when the Uchiha was going to stand up another figure in the darkness suddenly teleported in with a white swirl from their mask.

Kakashi looked up, and... It was the rogue.

"I can help." he said sternly, looking down at Rin's body on the ground.

Kakashi glanced at Obito and the Uchiha was shaking his head insanely fast without hesitation.

The figure nodded, and wordlessly brought them all back into his swirling jutsu.

-----

Within a matter of seconds they were teleported in front of the Konoha hospital with the rogue, Tobi, carrying Rin's body in his arms.

They all ran inside and the med-nins, upon seeing Rin in that state, ignored Tobi and snatched her from his arms, quickly labeling her as another one injured from the war.

The blood on Obito and Kakashi drew them attention but it was easily disregarded as more ninjas come filing in injured and with missing limbs.

Obito didn't bother changing as he sat down on a chair on the corner of the hospital hall.

Kakashi sat down with him, his Sharingan eye closed tightly as he sat beside Obito.

Tobi looked down at the both of them, gloomy and unwilling to talk after the events.

The rogue wordlessly patted both of their heads before disappearing in yet another swirl.

They both stayed quiet, listening as many more ninjas from their village was admitted in.

It won't be long until their Hokage would get notified of the situation.