3: 29: Face It, And You Won't Be Disappointed

Obito was finally meters away from the scene he caused.

Madara was now dead. What else should he do? Finally arrive at the after life?

He's done everything he needed to, right? Without himself to go crazy, Kushina and Minato would live, resulting in Naruto having a healthy childhood. Rin would also live because Madara is gone, and Kakashi wouldn't have to burden himself because of it all.

So what else should he be doing now?

He continued to jump from branch to branch again like the way he arrived just before tripping over his own feet, making him fall from the tree branch which he was now formerly on.

He just simply watched the lines of green, healthy grass approach his face quicker. His mask was there anyway. Surely he wouldn't injure his face more than it already is.

But just when he was bracing himself, sure that he was going to hit the ground, everything went black.

-----

Obito didn't know how, or why, but he might have blacked out all of a sudden.

Maybe I hit my head too hard? He thought. But I haven't landed on the ground yet, though....

He paused when he finally opened his eyes.

And then, at that moment, all he thought was:...where the hell am I?

When he opened his eyes all he saw was darkness. The floor he was on was as dark as the night, but without the twinkling, shining stars.

He looked around, but it was also just a dark abyss.

He started to get suspicious now.

He put his hand on the seemingly solid darkness below him, as he stood up, putting weight on that hand for support.

He wasn't at all exhausted, but he felt somewhat heavy. Maybe after the realization that he didn't know what to do next was weighing on him.

He tried to move around, to walk and look, or maybe even leave. But even if he tried he knew almost too well that if he did then it would only make his situation worse by getting lost in this quiet darkness. Even if he already didn't know where he was.

But that didn't matter to him now as he has his Kamui.

He stopped in his tracks and steadied himself, preparing to use his Jutsu again only to be interrupted with an abrupt light that suddenly shone behind him.

He almost flinched. Almost.

He turned around to the direction I'd the bright, almost blinding light but what he was met with wasn't anything he expected.

His eyes widened.

"Uchiha Obito."

The voice of an old man. Obito might know this man. The father of his direct ancestor.

"Otsutsuki... Hagoromo...!?" Obito squeezed that out with all his courage. No, he was not afraid, but the knowledge of this... This God's possible powers gave him unease.

"You must be wondering why you are here." he ignored him completely. Obito nodded anyway.

"I am. Did..." he looked to his side, silently contemplating whether or not he should try and confirm if this being was the one who sent him back in time.

Barely even minutes in, his curiosity won over his psyche.

"...were you the one who brought me back in time?" he chose his wording differently now; that was to enhance his response's longevity. Hagoromo Otsutsuki, who looked like he was floating, did not respond.

"Yes." --until he did.

Obito curled his fingers together in his palms tightly, forming a fist.

"...why...?" he managed to mutter through the new, bubbling feelings that he was currently struggling to hold in from the one-worded response of his ancestor.

The being, the man, Hagoromo Otsutsuki himself; gave him a long glance with his Rinnegan-looking eyes.

Then, with no response, everything yet again fades into a never-ending dark maze of nothing.

Obito could do nothing but watch as he was drowned by the darkest place he has ever stepped foot on.

-----

Obito sat up and coughed.

When he tried to put his hand on his mouth, he noticed his mask was still on.

His heart was beating rapidly. Was that all... Just a dream...?

He licked his lips, which were dry by now. He looked up at the sky and saw that it was still day time.

So what had happened?

"No... No." he took off his mask, and took an inhale of the slightly-hot air. "It couldn't have been a dream."

He combed a hand through his white hair, and stayed where he was sitting down.

It couldn't have been just a dream! It must have been real! He scratched the back of his head aggressively.

And that damn Hagoromo! I would usually stay calm with a being like that, but... But...

Obito shook his head, loosely bringing his hand down to the grass he previously was about to land on.

Maybe I did fall. That would explain how it was a dream. But the darkness came before I hit the ground.

He sighed, plopping down onto the grass on his back.

What the hell is going on?

Is this a Genjutsu I'm in? Did Madara curse me for killing him?

Obito's eyes widened exponentially at the most likely truth of it all.

Was it really... All real....!?