Chapter 7

⁻ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ˢᵏⁱᵖ: ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳ ᵃ ʷʰⁱˡᵉ⁻

I think she is done with questions. So am I. She told me what did she do to Gally, she remembered about all the supernatural stuff but nothing from her past. Also, she said that she has a tail but it appears only if she gets wet. I learned a few things about her powers - she has air, hot and freeze powers - something like whether control. Also, she could feel water and... our emotions. We have water in our system so... she can feel us... somehow and...that's all. She asked me plenty of things, so she knows now everything. I told her about Teresa and the note, but she just said that maybe they regretted it and now more girls or supernatural creatures are coming. When I asked her what she meant about the creatures she said she didn't know. Although I dont think that it was true...

Your Pov:
I learned everything. I'm stuck I the centre of a big, weird, bloody maze, full of creepy creatures, that none has ever seen, which changes every night. Well, it could be worse. For example, I could pass three years here, like almost everyone else. Great! Now, we were in silence. I was nervous, so I was playing with my necklace, without thinking about it.

"What you got there?" he said breaking the silence. I didn't understand at first what was he talking about, cause I was lost my thoughts. The next moment he took it from my hand and started to process it. "It's beautiful" he whispered. As fast as could, I took it from him and hid it under of my shirt. "T-thanks" I murmured. Just please don't talk about it. Please. Please. Please. "What's wrong?". Ofcourse... "Nothing", "It didn't seem like nothing. It was a blue crystal. I saw it. They didn't take it... Why? It looked important" he asked. I didn't know what to say. "Maybe that's why they didn't?" I said annoyed. "So what is it?", "Nothing", "If it was nothing-", "It's bloody nothing okay? Nothing" I said straight away. I can't tell him everything... "I guess I'll have to find out myself then". I looked at him. His head was resting at the trunk, his eyes closed. Something inside me felt weird. Like something was inside my stomach, making my heart beat faster and faster and...butterflies? GROSS! Rikki! STOP! Take deep, deep breaths. Perfect! Now keep going. "What do you mean?", "Nothing?" he answered with a little smile. I punched playfully his arm. He laughed. "You're bloody annoying" I said serious. "I know love". Then he opened his eyes. "Let's go back to the others. In a while bonfire will be ready", "Bonfire?", "Yeah. You'll see. Every month we have one to welcome the Greenie. The last shank was a girl - unexpected girl - now Alby said that we should have one for you, so the other shanks forget about troubles and just bloody relax for a little. I think he's right", "What about Teresa?", "What about her?", "She didn't have a bonfire for herself. Why me?", "Well, I dont bloody know. Alby's stuff", "You didn't ask?", "I was searching for you when he found me", "I'm pleased" I said ironically. "And Gally?" I asked finally. I kept my breath. "I dont know, I should go and check on him", "I'm coming", "You sure?", "One hundred percent, I know how to heal him". He thought for a minute. Maybe it wasn't a good idea after all. "Follow me" he said finally. Phew!

I followed him out of the forest. Some of the Gladers we met, stepped away from me or showed me and started to whisper. I could see Newt's hands turning into fists. I think, he was really angry for some reason, because veins popped out of his arms. He looked at them and then back at me. Why would he be that angry about them? "Dont worry. I'm used to it...um...I remember I am at least" I shrugged.

Finally, we made it to a hut. Inside, it was separated in small rooms with kind of beds. On one of them, I saw Gally. Teresa and another boy was there. "Hey Jeff. How's he doing?" Newt asked him. "He needs water" I said as, I saw him still red with dry skin. "Really, why are you the doctors here?" I said, as I searched for water around. "Why you brought her here? Look what she has done" Jeff whispered to Newt. "Yeah, I did it, I'll fix it...here it is". I picked a bucket of water and returned back to them. "Teresa did you bloody understand anything of what I did to you before?", "You think water is gonna solve anything? We can't do anything. Look at him", "Look at me" I said. "Everyone step back", "Woah! Woah! Woah! Wait! What are you doing?", "Healing him", "You're serious?" Jeff continued. "Let down the water. We need it", "Me too" I said and without waiting I threw the water over Gally. "You're insane!" Jeff yelled. "How am I supposed to dry everything? How am I supposed to dry Gally?" he yelled again.

Gally's Pov:
I was hearing screams. No! Not screams, just somebody yelling at someone. Where the hell am I? Ugh! Wait! It doesn't hurt anymore. Wow... Jeff did a great job. But why I feel myself wet? I opened my eyes. "Stop the hell screaming" I said, while I was trying to take a sitting position. Well, I was dry. I don't know what is going on. "Next time Jeff, maybe you should do it in your own way, you're right". Then I saw the new girl. Jeff was with a death look on his face, looking towards her. "What the hell is going on?" I said. "Your welcome" I heard her voice. It had a sarcastic tone but it was still sweet...oh my God... "What are you doing here? You want to finish it sweetheart?" I wasn't scared. She is too weak. Too innocent. She giggled. "What?" I yelled. "She just saved your life" Newt said. "She almost killed me. She broke our number one rule Newt". He didn't answer.  "Why are you even thinking about it?", "I don't think she needs to be punished". I was shocked. "What?" I yelled. "Gally, I know she broke a rule, but it's her first day, she's... she's scared and she is...um...sh-", "A mermaid Newt. I'm a mermaid. It's not difficult to say it and I'm not scared" she cut him. "Yeah...that's what I meant..." he whispered and she rolled her eyes. "I think that SHE  is your little princess, Newt. Really?". They both looked at each other. "You know something Gally?" I heard her. "Keep that inside your brain, that you don't have. I'm nones little princess and if you keep treating me like a bloody one, I'm gonna remove your head from your shoulders". "Wow...that was a warning now? You have to try more if you want to scare me beauty" I giggled. After I finished, she started walking towards me. "No... it's not a warning..." she said. When she came next to me, her face came closer and closer. She was going to kiss me... I knew it! None can resist... Close enough she stopped. She looked deep into my eyes. "It's a promising" she whispered. I freezed. She was messing with me. A girl! Enough. My turn. I'm going to kiss her. NOW! I leaned forward and before I touched her lips... "Love, leave him. Don't waste your breath talking to him" Newt dragged her away. SHIT! "Oh please! She wastes it on you anyway" I said back at him. Shut up now? Perfect! "Let's go" he said and they went out together. Newt! Yeah...Newt! We'll see who will win...